Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggers in need: Questions from Guestbook

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Question:
I just inherited a Big Green Egg that was purchased in May of 1993. It had a ceramic grate that is now in three pieces, can it be repaired, or better yet can I purchase a new one, and where.
Thank you in advance....
Merlin

Comments

• olblue
    olblue Posts: 42
    Options
    A you can call BGE and order one.
    Better yet you can go to the hardware store and make one out of hardware cloth or diamond mesh.
    Or you can search the forum for a link to the cast iron trivet many people use.

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    See the "Litin' fahrs" link below!

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    grate2.jpg
    <p />WebMasterKinder,[p]""It had a ceramic grate that is now in three
    pieces, can it be repaired, or better yet can I purchase a new one, and where.""[p]BGE can sell you a new grate. You can call them at
    BGE[p]1-888-929-3447
    1-800-939-3447
    Atlanta, GA[p]
    The picture shows a cast iron trivet which many use as a grate for the large Egg and where you can find it online. Works better than great.
    Welcome to the Egg family, you don't have to buy one - just have one. Yell if you need any help at all.[p]Tim M