Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig -- WTF with shipping costs?

2»

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    And THAT is why you are a class act Chris ;)
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    I do believe that's the first "damn you" we've heard since we started almost 10 years ago!

Thanks for the kind words of support yall!

Happy cookin.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Mainegg
    our Canadian customers will ask us NOT to use UPS between the charges and time factor it is nuts!
  • Nature Boy
    Thanks Julie. "Class" seems like a strong word for a goofball like myself, but we do try hard here! LOL.

Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    don't sweat it holmes, I've got enough "class" for all of us :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :huh:
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    I have to assume the "Dam you Dizzy Pig" was said tongue in cheek. Just joking in how I read it, but annoyed at the situation. Shipping north (and south) sucks. My parents get dinged on shipping to the US from Ontario to North Carolina. Canada Post charges an arm and a leg.

BTW Chris, You really need to break into the Raleigh market with sales. You are so close being in VA and BBQ is pretty popular here. Would love to have a place to go and get me some. Not saying I'd keep you in business, but would surely buy my share. BTW- Sounds like you handled everything in a top notch manner. Good on ya.
  • Nature Boy
    Thanks Andrew.
    Yes, both the Carolinas could use more dealers. I like to look at those states as large pieces of meat that need rubbing :-)

We're on it. Thanks again!!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Weight, size & type of package and method of shipping. Same experience here. I ship world wide also.

GG
  • NC-CDN
    That was pretty funny. :laugh:

Can't wait. Without any BBQ stores in the area now it's likely tough to find a place to carry it. The Meat House carries some stuff like that, but not much. For now it's online ordering for the win!!! Shipping to NC shouldn't be so bad. ;)
  • Grandpas Grub

If the shipping is too costly then the decision is yours.

Not sure why you are piss'n and moan'n of the forum.

DP produces are great. I would think Chris & crew try to keep the costs as low as possible as their goal is to move product.

GG
  • Grandpas Grub

hehehe, well it's good to be in first place!!!

Thanks for the great products.

Kent
  • Memphistide
    Memphistide Posts: 207
    Man, i have the same problem with their shipping cost. They changed me over $9 to get three bottles to Memphis, which is 33% of what the seasoning costs. I called them and tried to see if there was a better way to do this. I ever encouraged them to use the USPS boxes that ship for $4.50. You can get a lot of rub in that package.
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Stop pushing it. Great, I JUST HURT MY FINGER TYPING!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Not true -- I exclaim it just about every time I reach for the Raging River or Swamp Venom and the bottle is empty.

But with me, it's personal. ;)
  • Mainegg
    the USPS small flat rate is 5.20 and is not thick enough to hold the jars. as a fellow small business we do like Chris and charge just what the mail or ups charges us. most of the time we loose money in the shipping because the customer does not put their own addy on correctly and then we pay a 6.00 address correction with UPS. no questions asked it is just added to our account and we can not collect on that. plus the monthly pick up fee and any other fee they see fit to tag on and you can try to fight LOL but good luck. we are looking at going with adding a 1.00 like they are doing just to try to balance it out. packaging and such is factored into cost of doing business but it sure does not give much of an edge if you have 5 or 6 people a month that do not know their real address according to UPS :S we try to use the flat rate boxes as much as we can as it does save a little with heavy fabric and such.
  • Grandpas Grub

I agree, UPS is a horrible choice.

GG
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Well, you can order a similar sized rub off of Amazon that won't get there as fast as USPS Priority Mail for $6 shipping. The solution is buy more rub at a time then the shipping doesn't cost so much as a percentage of the order.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Buckethead
    Buckethead Posts: 285
    Chris you and the company did not deserve this rant. You have a great business model and product. keep up the next 10 years as the first 10. I don't send flowers anymore I send Dizzy as a gift. Better and last longer.
    Cheers
    Doug
  • sbmfj
    sbmfj Posts: 37
    geez. I ruffled a few feathers. Was frustrated by the shipping costs, not the product. I can easuily understand DP point of view, but as a consumer, the shipping price seemed quite high. Please accept my apology if I insulted BGE and DP fans here, and Chris, I did get your email once I got home. Thanks again for the prompt response. I totally agree with what others said about UPS, there prices are very high, I find USPS provides a better service at far superior rates. Perhaps DP could offer shipping via USPS that is not priority. I order online for the states quite often, and fell that USPS is the best bang for the buck, and the "cheapest option" they offer is usually quite fast.
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Great product , if you need help getting some let me know. I am close to the border and can help you out.
  • NC-CDN
    USPS is pretty reasonable at least within the US. And quick! Just had a guy in Charleston, SC send me something on a Friday and I received it on Monday. It was an XBOX game and it only cost about $2 to ship. That's not bad. And three days isn't too long too wait, though it could have been only 2 as Sunday we don't get delivery.

This reminds me. I need to place an order. I've been getting by on dizzy dust and the course grind. I want to try all the other ones folks on here rave about. Perhaps today I can take care of that.

Mike. That's a heck of an offer to put out there. Nice one.
  • sbmfj
    sbmfj Posts: 37
    yea, thanks Mike!!

Im gonna order from Ontario BBQ.

Thanks everyone!!!
  • NC-CDN
    I just placed my order. I even got a discount. Only a few bucks, but it was still nice. Not sure what it was for. Maybe for buying multiple things or first time buyer from the site.

For the record shipping was only $9 for 6 bottles of rub. It was through USPS. That's not too bad at all. It was quick and easy too. Can't wait.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Keep in mind that most businesses have little control over shipping costs.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Dizzy Pig uses flat rate shipping, I'm pretty sure, so it's as many bottles as will fit into a box for that box's price.
    The Naked Whiz
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Dude
    I personally don't appreciate your use of profanity or calling out a vendor on the forum. Pretty bold for a newcomer. It's not at all where this forum needs to go. Just my two cents.
    Respectfully
    Tony
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • I believe you can order it from Ontario Gas BBQ (in Toronto) you'll save the duty charges. It's $11.99 a bottle, or you can buy it by the case.

http://www.bbqs.com/