Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No leftovers...

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

Well, we are still recovering from the FANTASTIC weekend in Melbourne at the Sunshine State EggFest (did NOT want to get up yesterday to go to work...would have rather been heading back to the Crowne for some more great food :laugh: ), but gotta do what I gotta do and that includes fixing dinner tonight.

EggHatter picked up two pieces of Tilapia (0.88# total)...these were rubbed with a little Toasted Sesame Seed Oil, then sprinkled with DP Shaking the Tree...cooked on a bed of lime slices on the small...
S041211-01.jpg

On one of the large Eggs did some tator tots...
S041211-02.jpg

Added some raw veggies for a reasonably healthy meal...
S041211-03.jpg

Closer shot of the fish & chips!
S041211-04.jpg

Only a few veggies left over...made for a perfect size dinner for two!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Jay, That looks like a great meal! Get some shut eye. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Smackdown! Yummee lookin vittles! :)
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    I like the idea of cooking on the lime!
    I've cooked with lime atop, but not the flip flop :ohmy:
    I'll have to give it a try.
  • Grillin' on Wheels
    Options
    Looks great! I've been wondering the best way to cook fish (not that I'm a big fish-eater). How long did it take to cook?

Ken
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning Ken:

took less than 15 minutes and I did flip it once at about the halfway point so the limes came in contact with both sides of the fish. Using either limes or lemons works great for most kinds of fish. Dome temp was about 350.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Looks tasty... I have seen fish done on lemon slices before and always wanted to try it, but never have. I believe you have inspired me.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Jay do you get much of the lime taste? Like the idea.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning Mickey:

Not a lot, but definitely it is there...just enough in my opinion...last night also used some Toasted Sesame Oil plus DP Shaking the Tree...a very nice taste combination.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    fish cooked on lemon or lime slices is sooo good.

nice simple looking meal.
    context is important :)