Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP POST How I set my AR for a three tier cook

2Fategghead
2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is an excerpt from a tribute cook for CWM.

I will smoke six (6) slabs of baby backs.

This day was full of firsts. I never smoked baby back ribs so today was my first. I never had six slabs of ribs in my egg using my ar and I had trouble at first. I made a couple of calls. One was to my good friend Grandpas Grub and the other was to my friend Mad Max. Thanks guys! ;) Here is how I made it work.

With the spider and 14 inch stone and drip pan first

then the 18 inch grid

000_2247.jpg

Then the AR with to two more slabs

000_2248.jpg

Then the AR extender and two more slabs

000_2249.jpg

I smoked them 250° until they were just how we like them! :P I did spritz them every hour with 50%/50% apple cider vinegar/apple juice and rotated moving the bottom up one place every hour with the top going to the bottom. That way every thing cooked evenly. Five hours later we wrapped them up for a short rest.

The BB were great as well as the corn on the cob

corn-on-the-cob.gif

I ate like a pig but then so did everyone else :P I heard word like "best dam ribs" and "i'm full" that makes me feel good that I did something to bring people together in fellowship.

Comments