Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pulled pork how to freeze

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
cook 2 this weekend, I would like to pull them both, them place half in the freezer, any tips ??? I am guessing no sauce in the freezer bag ?

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    BillyNJ,
    If you don't have a Food Saver then you should think about one. I got mine for Christmas from my kids and haven't looked back. If you are using Ziplock bags I used to put a serving or so in each bag spread it out so it would freeze quickly. Get as much air out as you can the lock it up and freeze. With a Food Saver you can thaw it out (if you aren't in a hurry) or just drop it in boiling water int he bag for a few minutes.
    That dang thing is one of the best pieces of kitchen equipmnet I've ever owned!
    Done a lot towards loosing some weight too, because you learn to portion food out. My Eggs and a food saver - can't get too much better than that!