Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My turn Randy

Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fire roasted salsa - a first for me. Not in pic cilantro and limes
IMG_6115800x600.jpg

Little extra time on the onions
IMG_6116800x600.jpg

Blended about half and chopped about half for chunky salsa
IMG_6126800x600.jpg

My traveling companion said whoooooaaaaa! Little hot for her. :evil:

It's the kind of salsa that you take a drink of beer, have a chip, say its hot, have three more chips, take a drink of beer, repeat. B)

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    You must have gotten a hold of a hot jalapeno and serrano. Love salsa hot. :laugh:
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Frank, my first batch (followed AZRP's recipe) was hot, but I could eat several chips before needing some beer. The family thought it was too hot, so one the next batch, I added 2 tomatoes and doubled the lime juice. When at the store, I thought I have a serrano at home, but - WRONG - it was 2 extra jalapenos from the first batch. So I used 3 jalapenos and no serranos on the second batch. Everyone LOVED IT - great flavor, especially the second day ! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Lookin good Frank, just finished off my batch yesterday, time to make some more. -RP
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    After reading Randy's post I stopped off after work on Friday and bought a Kitchenaid food processor with the pulse feature. I have never had a food processor before, thought it was about time. Made my first batch of fire roasted salsa on Saturday, it turned out great! And Misippi I agree, I thought the flavor was even better the second day! There sure wasn't any leftover on day 3! Time to make another batch, thanks for the recipe Randy!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • bees
    bees Posts: 335
    Fine looking salsa Frank!How long did it take to eat it all? Randy
  • In the fridge - Doubt it will make it through tonight's NCAA Championship B)