Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ann's Choc Chip Kaluha Cake - question

Dimple's Mom
Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I discovered I have the ingredients for Ann's cake. My recipe doesn't say anything about frosting. Sorry, but I'm in the mood for frosting today. Should I just put a regular choc frosting? Or does Ann frost hers and I just am missing that part?

Also, my choc pudding mix is sugar free. I know you can't cook with diet soft drinks. Is the sugar free pudding mix okay or will I immediately drop over dead if I use it?

Oh boy, we're having Chris's island beach chicken and Ann's choc cake for dinner tonight. I can't wait! :cheer:

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Nope...we've never frosted it.., but we did do a couple where we laced it with fruit liquors while cooling, glazed the top with various jellys and sauces...
    and in one instance after de-panning...drizzled the top with Coco Loco after doing a coconut tunnel like in the old days

I'm not a big frosting guy...but I say..."frost'm if'n you got 'em..LOL!!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    You're right, it doesn't really need frosting. I frosted it anyway. I think I might be sick. :blink: