Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need an OKC Jewish Egger to do a mitzvah!

mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It doesn't look like EliShark isn't going to make it home from school in OKC for Passover . Any Jewish Egghead having a Seder Tuesday night who would let him share the holiday with you that evening? He's well mannered, won't drink too much wine, and can do the four questions in Hebrew without batting an eye! Will come equipped with his own Kippah, a spare Haggadah, and a set of plague finger puppets!

Seriously, I'll be glad to donate to the dinner!

mShark

Comments

• PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    If he transfers to school in Pittsburgh, I'll feed him.
  • mollyshark
    I'll tell him to transfer right away! LOL.

mShark
  • mollyshark
    Actually it's Monday night, isn't it. Sigh. Tuesday is first DAY. Erev Pesach is Monday night. It's the Campari. Just can't handle it like the old days!

mShark
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    LOL - though I'm not Jewish, nor too worldly religion-wise meaning I didn't understand 90% of what you said I can't help but imagine some nice Jewish family will welcome your son in like a son of their own!

PS the only thing you forgot to mention is he could also bring a Thermapen - at a good price! :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • mollyshark
    Was hoping for an Egg family so at least I know he would get good food! LOL.

mShark
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    And a token offering of Jelly Bellys might be the icing on the cake! :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Just an idea, have your son contact a Temple and he can tell of his situation and there should be a
    family to take him in for the first night of Passover. Or see if there is a Hillel Group at his school.

Heck, we open the door for Elijah.

Good luck.

Happy Passover.

Gary
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Molly,
    Sorry, I got involved with your sons dilemma. There are 4 Synagogues in Oklahoma City. There is Chabad, an Orthodox Temple, Conservative and Reform Temples. Go to MAVENSEARCH.COM/SYNAGOGUES and look up Temples in Oklahoma City.

If anything, Chabad might be his best choice.

If he were here in Los Angeles, he would have no problem hooking up an invitation. Heck, my in-laws would have invited him. They invited someone new from their Temple.

Heck, he might want to check out Temples anyways. They are communities. Ours stresses that a lot.

Good luck.

Gary
  • mollyshark
    There isn't a Hillel. It's a Methodist school. Although OU has a Hillel and it's only 20 minutes. He's right around the corner from the Temple there and I'm sure he can hook up that way. Just thought it would be nice to have some Eggfamily as a bonus. OKC isn't exactly overrun with the Tribe!

mShark