Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OOPS I did it again.....

Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 974
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Once again I could not help myself. Living on Long Island makes BBQ a little bit of a hassle. Once September rolls around lump coal is scarce and the stuff that you can find is usually the South America crap. So in the Spring I shop around and start buying lump for the entire year. This year I found some good old USA Royal Oak at Restaurant Depot. I bought 25 18 lb. bags thinking that will be good until Spring 2012 as I did have quite a few bags on hand already. So I need to go to K-Mart to pick up a few things and I find that they have Royal Oak Steakhouse. There were a few bags on the shelf (8.8 lbs for $5.99) so I loaded them on my cart. I asked the manager if they had any more and I was told they had an additional 8 bags in the back. I told him bring them out so 20 bags later they are in the shed with my first load of lump. So once again I will need to keep the shed locked so that the Mrs. doesn't see my insanity.

IMG_0187.jpg
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments