Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

McCormick's Montreal Roasted Garlic Chicken seasoning Question

Options
Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am making a spatchcock chicken tomorrow and I am going to use McCormick's Montreal Roasted Garlic Chicken seasoning. Do I put it on today and let it sit wrapped in the fridge overnight or do I just put it on prior to putting the chicken in the egg (think about that)?[p]Thanks
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• katman
    katman Posts: 331
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    Nice table you built there, guy![p]I haven't tried the garlic chicken, but I have used Montreal's steak seasoning. Probably pretty strong stuff so I guess it depends on how much chicken taste you want left. I'd probably do it a hour or so before it goes on the grill. If the seasoning isn't as stong as I am thinking, well go at it tonight!

• Good Eats
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    You can't go wrong with that stuff... as I remember I usually put it on an hour or so before the cook.

• Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    Good Eats,
    Like the other's said, I would take it out about an hour ahead of time and season, and let it get to room temp before cooking it. Enjoy,
    Seth

• Retired RailRoader,
    Put it on just prior. Great stuff. Using it tonight on skinless chicken thighs with some drizzled olive oil. I use a lot of seasoning. My favorite simple meal.

• ShortRib
    ShortRib Posts: 180
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,[p]If you are going to prep (spatchcock) your chicken tonight, my recommendation is to cover it till tomorrow. About 6 to 10 hours before your cook, uncover the chicken, but keep it in the fridge. This will make the skin nice and crispy!!! I think it tastes better that way.