Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My thanks for all the help: Salado Gathering

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to thank Leroy and Judy for all the time, labor, money, and hand holding they provided me from last September thru today. The Salado Egghead Gathering could not have come off without them.
Also to all the cooks who gave of their time and resources to make Saturday a very special day for 206 Eggheads in the Village of Salado.
As well as all that called and offered words of wisdom I thank you. It meant a lot that you took the time to help me put this on.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Le Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Looks like it was a great time. We are off to Florida for our first fest in a week or so. If you do it next year we might come down your way.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Mickey: Glad it was such a success! Great turn out! (You can get some sleep, now! :laugh: ) Fests are no joke, and congratulations!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Mickey:

Glad it all came together for the eggheads in attendence!

Where you involved with the name tag production?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Mark: Had no idea you were from Natick! Went to High School at Walnut Hill. Be sure to find me, I will have family there from Pembroke, and Hingham! :)
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Mickey so glad it turn out great for you and everyone else. With all the work involved it's worth in in the long run. Looking forward seeing a bunch of pictures. Now go and sit down and have a cold one, you deserve it. Also Leroy and Judy. :)
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Options
    From Newton but not to far from Natick. My brother lives about a block away from the Walnut Hill School in Natick. See you soon. B)
  • Austin Egger
    Options
    Yep, definitely a good time! All of you did an amazing job! It's amazing how much support the fest ended up with! I can't imagine the amount of time that all of you put into it..and money. Thanks again for a memorable experience :) !
  • Little Chef
    Options
    See, I was psychic about your brother! :laugh: Hey...it starts with an "N"... :blush: Looking forward to meeting you!
    (sorry Mickey for the hi-jack here... :whistle: )
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    Congrats Mickey on a successful fest. Long hours, many phone calls, and lots of stress. Sleep well my friend.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    loco_engr
    Only involved in tags as I ordered them. Leroy did all the work on them.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• texasAUtiger
    Options
    Great job by everyone who put this together. I certainly hope it is the beginning of a tradition!
  • laduckdog
    laduckdog Posts: 21
    Options
    Mickey, we think you did an awesome job with everything. It was our first egg event and we had a blast - just wished we could have stayed to the end. Nice meeting you and everyone else.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Mickey,
    Thank you for all your time putting the Salado fest on the map.
    You and all the people I met in Salado are true examples of southern hospitality.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Mickey,
    You and Linda, Leroy and Judy, and all the towns folk of Salado, including the Mayor for proclaiming the great weather orchestrated a fantastic event. Special kudos to Russ and Keith's Ace Hardware for OUTSTANDING efforts and braving "a strange new world" of the Eggheads :woohoo:
    You have a TEXAS jewel of a town and the local merchants are charming as well.
    CONGRATS for an OUTSTANDING job B)
    All the EGGHEADS who attended echoed these words as well.
    Next year we will be first in line to book at the Inn :)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks like it was a total success and I'm bummed that we missed it. Relax and have a cold one, you deserve it.

Now, when is next year's gonna be so I can mark it down on my calendar and don't get stuck at work?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Tweety
    Tweety Posts: 455
    Options
    What a great job you did! Amazing! I hope this becomes an annual event, we'll be there for sure.

We ended up with 6 guests that had never been to an eggfest, and they could not believe how organized and wonderful it was! They also wanted to know the date for next year's event so they can mark their calendars. :whistle:

Mickey, you had a fantastic idea and brought it to life. Congrats on the success and thank you, Linda, Leroy and Judy for making it so great!!!!!!!!
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Mickey Thank-You & Linda so much for making this fest/gathering the best ever for us, Valeria is really hooked on Salado now. :laugh:
  • SWOkla-Teresa
    Options
    I wanted to thank everyone for all their help providing door prizes! What a great idea to give "kids" prizes too! A real family event!

I want to thank Beli personally for taking the time to make the consuela...why? because I WON IT!!!

Can't wait to try it out!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Ok . . . I'm a dummy in Kansas . . . need a pic or two. :ohmy:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • SWOkla-Teresa
    Options
    Here is the Consuela..basically it's a ceramic dutch oven...Beli..correct me on the spelling if needed :P

THECONSUELAiwonmadebyBeli.jpg