Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

getting the BGE to salado...

texasAUtiger
texasAUtiger Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is my first go at an eggfest. How do you all transport your egg? Mine is in a nest, not a table, and I need to get it up into the bed of my pickup. My 5 ft non-muscle bound wife is of no help. :unsure:

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    This is the time to think about getting a potlifter. Won't help now, but for the future.
    Call up some buddies, neighbors and family. Good luck.
    Oh, don't forget to take the innards out. Much lighter then.
    Good luck and have fun!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Pull all the guts out of your Egg and lift it out of the nest and into the truck.
    Pack your guts back in the Egg with news paper around your parts to stop them from bumping. Wrap it in an old blanket or tarp and tie it down or wedge it in with your coolers. Strap your nest down as well.
    See you this weekend.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Thank, Molly. Will a pot lifter work over the vertical distance I am talking about (ground to tail gate of truck)?

Thanks...
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    On a large BGE it would still be better to have a person on each side of the pot lifter.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Molly we miss you already :(
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    texasAUtiger I will be sure and have my Pot Lifter there and you can try it.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Back atcha :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE