Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rainhats and Babybacks...

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is my rainhat for the BGE, you can pick them up at most hardware stores, it works great here in Seattle.[p]BGERainhat.jpg[p]
[p]Here are last night babybacks, the BBQ Guru did all the work ![p]SundayBabybacks.jpg[p]MMMMMMmmmmmm Goooooood !!![p]

Comments

• egghead2004
    Options
    FatBack,
    great looking ribs! How long did you cook them?

• egghead2004, Thanks, I cooked these at 225 3 hrs indirect, 1 hr indirect covered in foil, 1 hr direct, 20 min covered in sauce. Not bad but next time I would probably go to 250 dome temp or wrap them in foil and sauce the last 1/2 hr, they were not quite tender enough for me. Peace.

• jbrodie
    jbrodie Posts: 111
    Options
    FatBack, it appears that the rainhat fit over the daisy wheel snugly. Does this limit upper damping to the wheel only and not the slider portion. Lower temp cooking only? Thanks, Jim.

• jbrodie, When it is on like in the picture it doesn't hinder daisy wheel adjustments (Low and slow) It works real well for this.[p]For higher temp cooking I just slide the whole damper out where it needs to be and I then just balance it on top of the whole thing where it sits the best and still keeps the rain out but still maintains my air flow.