Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hi, I'm Marty I'm an Eggaholic

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, I'm Marty and I am an eggaholic. You know you’re addicted when…….[p]1.You gladly agree to stop at a flea market with my wife in hopes you can find a cheap Dutch oven for the Egg.[p]2.Your Egg friend purchases the last 100 bottles of Green Jell at Wal-Mart’s on closeout for $1.00 per bottle and you find out first on the BGE forum.[p]3.The XP Icon next to your name is a BGE.[p]4.You happen to find a guy you don’t know from Adam at the flea market selling Green Jell for $1.50 per bottle and you wonder if your Egg friend just made fifty cents off of you.[p]5.Your neighbor stops by with two Boston Butts and asks if you will cook one for his family.[p]6.You go online to order some DizzyPig Rub and realize that Chris is on a camping trip AGAIN and you panic so you double the order.[p]7.The handle on your EGG has your BGE screen name on it.[p]8.Sam’s is out of ballpark mustard in a bottle so you resort to purchasing it by the gallon and using a spoon.[p]9.You jump up when the mailman stops on Wednesday to see what meat is on sale.[p]10.Your wife doesn’t understand you anymore. Your sitting at your computer laughing and she asks “what’s so funny” and you try to explain to her that “Trouble” is trying to decide what size Tel Tru shank to order and that “sigmore” chimes in with “ No problem at all. I prefer the shorter one myself. The hole diameter is all you should be worried about”. And then you read to her “StumpBaby’s” reply "easy Stump easy..he may be baitin yah with that..no no no..I gotta..I GOTTA...I mean he said "The hole diameter is all you should be worried about" ..how can I NOT!!..no StumpBaby..be good..last night you was outta control..you was..you posted that silly urinal cake song..that ain't right..folks will be talkin..but HOLE DIAMETER Stump!!..HOLE DIAMETER...... uuuggghheeer...bbb...ggg..ddduuuddhhhuhhuhhhh....gg. AND YOUR WIFE DOESN’T SEE THE HUMOR![p]Any other eggaholics out there? You know your addicted when…………
[p]

Comments

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    LAD,[p]...When you are rifling through the meat at Sam's and you see someone else doing the samething. And you wonder if he/she has an egg. [p]
  • LAD,[p]You put the receipts from your BGE purchases through the shredder so your wife doesn't know you bought any new " toys "
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    LAD,
    when two grown men are fighting over the last bag of lump and one pulls out a wicked tire iron from his truck - and it was you that did it!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • LAD,[p]bbutt1.jpg
    A mini at the wash for lunch.
    lunch1.jpg[p]Got to have ribs.[p]Ribs3pk.jpg[p]CWM

• CampCook
    CampCook Posts: 157
    LAD,
    11.You already have a large, a small and a mini and are trying to rationalize the need for a medium and an xl.
    12. You try to design a seven course meal that uses all of your stable of eggs.
    13. You have a picture of your eggs at wok next to the picture of your wife and kids.
    14. You have seriously considered a vanity license plate honoring your addiction.
    15. You actually have serious discussions about the merits of a cast iron grill.
    16. You know what ramp mode is.

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    LAD,
    You know you’re addicted when……You call the meat department at Sams on Wednesday to have them hold back some left side briskets for you to pickup on Friday.

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    LAD, You know that the one thing the male and female eggers all cherish and use without a giggle, the wiggle rod. Probably the most underated cooker tool in existance. Thanks Char-Woody.
  • LAD,
    Your wife asks for suggestions on where to make reservations for your daughter's graduation dinner and you look at her like she bumped her head.

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    LAD,[p]1-you have a BGE Tattoo!(Who will be the first??????)[p]2-like a chainsmoker, your thinking about your next cook, before you finish this cook.[p]3-Your butcher knows you better than your Mom.

• LAD,[p]When the aroma in your neighborhood starts to raise the property values.
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    LAD,
    When all of the pictures on your website have moved from Family and friends and vacation and party pictures to Eggumentary photos from your last cook.[p]Also you get your first bill from your free hosting service due to the massive bandwidth because of your revolutionary new rib cooking method eggumentary.[p]When you discover that perfect brisket coming out from under the dome, you move it inside and let it rest for 20 minutes. You slice it perfectly to reveal all the perfect pink smoke ring and tons of juice, then the beeping of your wireless guru wakes you up.[p]Also when you start to substitute or include "Egg" into normal evereggyday words.

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    LAD,
    you know your addicted when a friend gives you a branding iron, you brand your wife and kids, then read the instructions and find out it was for branding meats on the BGE. After dinner drinks are comprised of Green Jel and Vodka.

• LAD,
    You can add....from your wife as you prepare a meal..."Would you stop taking pictures!! It's just a piece of meat!!" [p]BTW...these were not egged tonight, but I made some major league bisque with the help of my brother in law and my sister in law tonight....I'm the tall gringo.

[ul][li]http://webpages.charter.net/ddegon/lobster.jpg[/ul]
  • lobster.jpg
    <p />egghead2004,

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    LAD,
    When the kid's ask, "Who gets the BGE when you're gone?", or " I guess we'll have to go to restaurants if something happens to you!"
    Hammer

• LAD,
    You know you are an eggaholic if you your local supermarket has a meat sale and they call you up ahead of time.[p]Then you call your wife to ask how much is in the checking account?[p]Doug[p]ps - This just happened to me. I bought whole ribeye - 12 lbs ... 11 steaks. 3 pack of spareribs ... total bill $105 dollars - they threw in freezer wrap.[p]

• Smoked Signals,
    My next door neighbor is the one that brings 2 butts in exchange for one. He is the meat man at one of the local grocery stores. I usually have a 30 day lead time on meat prices at his store. Nice neighbor to have. Just wish he worked at my favoite butcher shop![p]Marty