Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

i gots me a mini

TheDirtyBurger
TheDirtyBurger Posts: 846
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So due to the fact that one of the best egg dealers I have ever dealt with is closing her doors, I was able to get a mini at a nice discount. I would happily pay more to have her back in the game.

If I have it on the stand will it be ok on my glass patio table?

IMG_20110319_171428.jpg

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    I doubt you want to put that much heat on a glass table, but what do I know. Congrats on the new addition. ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Congrats on the new egg,but I would not put it on a glass table.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    El Dirty,

Is it in the steel nest. Mine is on a wood table.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• U2
    U2 Posts: 27
    Don't know about the glass tabetop, but your dog is sure a neat looking pet. He/She looks nice and comfy.

I have a XL BGE, that I have yet to cook on (my yard is under construction)

Hopefully before Easter!
  • yeah it would be in the nest. Just wondering if it would be ok on the glass. If not that is fine, I can use it on the small, large, compact table or the old weber q 220.

Thanks guys
    tim
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Mine's on a glass table with a ceramic planter thing under it. No problems at all. ;)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Personally, I wouldn't gamble on the glass table. If you lose the bet, you lose the table AND the mini.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Congrats, Tim! I'd vote against the glass table top myself. Instead of the iron nest that you apparently bought I instead wanted more height and bought this metal plant stand at Wally World. This is a slide show so you might have to click on the pix or even double click on it. Sorry to hear Nancy is going out of biz but I understand!
    th_IMG_0701.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Hey you're gonna love the mini! A good deal is sweet as well but yeah, kinda sad to see Floribunda Gardens up for sale.
    I would not set the mini on glass, lot's of weight there. Get some kind of service cart, plant stand, wood table or bricks to set it up for safe cooking.
    Have fun!!!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Congrats on your new Mini!

Another alternative is a pretty cheap stand.
    Found this at Target for under $18. Prob about the same for a chrome model.

miniincart.jpg
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Nice score Tim. B)
  • Congrats on the new Egg.

Completely OT, but my Beagle looks just like yours.. You don't see too many of them with the All white coloring.
  • You can use it on the table, but do so with care. I use mine on the glass side table at the condo we vacation at. I never get the temp over 400 and just to be safe I leave my leather gloves beneath it while cooking.
    IMG_4952.jpg