Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LONEY

ranger ray
ranger ray Posts: 812
edited November -1 in Off Topic
what's with new recent surge of posts....( i know things on here have an extreme propensity to become fads)....with,"LONEY"..... are things really that bad that out there that we have reverted to obsessing with inexpensive chemical laden processed meats? thanks!..... maybe i missing something?.... i might make a "LONEY'. is spam gonna make a come back? rr

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Ray to each his own but I (and others) happen to like bologna aka loney. Especially if it is smoked on the BGE, sliced and then fried in a CI skillet....oh and spam ain't bad either... :) :laugh: :woohoo:

Then again I don't eat lamb or scrapple.... :sick::sick: :S
  • yes, i did it. but of course for a joke
    IMG_0469800x600.jpg
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i am ambivalent, but don't begrudge the loney heads. as long as they don't begrudge my makin fun, either. :laugh:

frankly... the most base and common food is usually the best way to show off the egg. i usually just cook a steak for someone new to it, because everyone has had a steak. and so they'll notice a difference.

i haven't cooked 'Loney on the egg, but i'd imagine the egg does for it what it does for other foods. makes it that much better.

to each his own. even if that includes the lowly 'loney :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    ROTFLMAO . . . gotta be a classic of some sorts! :woohoo: :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I'll second what the others have said, even Stike. ;)
    And, yes, for many folks out there, it is that bad.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Higher quality 'Loney costs more per pound than Ground Chuck in a lot of places.
  • ranger ray
    good one! lol i have a cousin who literally lives on hotdogs....eats nothing else.... 7 days a week( honest)....he looks like it too!....rr
  • ranger ray
    don't take it the wrong way.... i eat scrapple. hot dogs, raw meat, road killed deer, and loney.... i was just commenting on how curious it is on here how things seem to become fads....products especially( i'm guilty... i have all the accessories)... lol