Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Frank, I'm in Houma

TNmike
TNmike Posts: 643
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I hope I don't make you homesick. :) I make it to south LA several times a year but 1st time I've been to Houma. Mike

Comments

• Suggestion for some good boiled seafood. Crawdads are running good and they also have crabs and shrimp.

1921 Barrow St.

The name of the place is 1921 - hole in the wall sort of place but their boiled seafood is nice.

Alternative is Big Als on MLK for fried seafood.

I think you should move there and buy my house - been on the market for 18 months :(
  • TNmike
    I'm at the Hampton Inn on MLK for tonight and tomorrow night. I'll have to see if I can find an address for Big Als for tomorrow, meeting some others this evening.

As for the house, I'd have to figure out how to sell mine in TN 1st. Nothing moving at all in the small town I live in so guess I'll stay there.

Mike

• You are just about a mile away. Take a left when you leave the Hampton Inn. Big Als is not far past the traffic light at the corner of Hollywood and MLK and right a the traffic light for Tunnel Blvd and Corporate Drive next to the Plantation Inn. (MLK changes name to Tunnel Blvd after it crosses Hollywood Road).

Don't get the charbroiled oysters - one thing they don't do well.
  • TNmike
    Thanks Frank. I always go on food overload when I make it to the area. So many different foods that I like from the area it's always hard to decide. I saw your post last week so looking for some fresh boiled crawfish/mudbugs and haven't had a chance yet. Mike
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Be sure when you travel to Lafayette you stop in at Gator Cove. Chef Wil is an Egghead and has great seafood. The restaurant is just south of the airport on Evangeline Thruway.. ;)
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • TNmike
    Thanks Judy. I stayed in Lafayette Monday night, then headed to New Iberia and Erath, big cities a little south. ;) I'll be sure and check the Gator Cove and Chef Will next time I'm there, I think it will be mid April when I'm there next. Mike
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Check it out...
    http://www.gatorcove.com/gatorcove.com/Home.html

and be sure to tell him Spring Chicken sent you ;)
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • TNmike
    That looks like my kind of place! As seen on the forum the mention of 'our' Spring Chicken is always a good thing! :) but-If there are any places in the area that I should not drop the name 'Spring Chicken' please let me know. :whistle: Thanks again, Mike