Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If I had only known...

DMurf
DMurf Posts: 481
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A year ago when I got my large Egg the "dealer" I went to stated that there would be no warranty unless I had them assemble the Egg for $75.00. At the time I had family coming into town and decided to have them do the assembly.

Well shortly after I purchased my Egg, after all the family had left, I found out that if you allow the temp to run away your gasket will disappear. Well not vanish but it will not be in the same shape it was before. An email to the mothership and a quick conversation a new high temp replacement gasket on the way. Oh wait I did not put this together, turn to the forum sure enough lots of advice and even a video on how to replace it. It is not hard to do just follow the steps.

Fast forward to today, after many cooks I use my Egg 2 to 3 times a week. I normally use my shop vac to remove the accumulated ash from the bottom of the Egg and I decided to do a much better job and remove the Fire Ring and thoroughly clean out the Egg. You know what I found out... I wasted $75.00. The simplicity of the Egg is one of the great advantages it has over anything else out there.

I would recommend that for anyone looking to purchase an Egg to do their research, this forum is a great place, and find out who the best person is to get their Egg from.

Thank you to all the regulars on this message board, I plan to attend the event in Oklahoma City and I do not feel that I am going to be an outsider but going to meet friends I have just never seen. I have never really BBQ'd before everything I had done has been grilling, now I know the benefits of low and slo, but still have the ability to spatchcock a turkey or grill a steak.

Yup I am a fanatic and my family and friends love it...
David
BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.

Comments