Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini update

Rick in Crystal Lake
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thought I would update my experience with my mini. I posted last week that I won (on ebay) and mini for $260.00. The seller had won it in a golf outing last fall and was not into BGE's or grillin,so decided to sell. It was a coincidence because I was just at my BGE dealer that same day wanting to purchase a mini until I found that BGE had a price increase on all their products but most higest on the mini at $379.00. We were both in shock at the amount of increase and needless to say, I was not prepared to spend that much on the mini. Anyway, when I got home from the dealer I went on ebay and found a mini listed about 60 miles from my home. So I bid $260.00 and won it. It was a package that came with the mini stand, grill gripper, ash tool and a bag of BGE charcoal. I could not believe my good fortune. Well since getting it I have used it just about every day. I love it and just ordered the mini woo from the ceramic grill store to increase my cooking experience. I got a lot of good feedback from forum members when I posted last week.
About the new hinge. I don't like it. I have played around with this and just can't seem to get it to set right. The hinge is a double hinge and the hinge support is on the right side and will put sideways pressure on the lid when closed causing the top lid to sit off to the left side. I have to push the top lid to the right after closing the lid to make it set even on the bottom. Seems like the hinge having no springs is able to move side to side and the hinge support is able to push the lid to one side. I have tried to adjust and re-adjust but have not had much luck. Anyway, all in all, I love the mini and being that it's just my wife and I, it seems to be more pracctiocal than my large for daily use. Don't know if I would pay $379.00 though.

Comments