Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking time

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for all the suggestions for getting my new egg up and burniing. Now I've got another question. I'm cooking about 8-9 large beef ribs. At 300 degrees, how long should it take to cook them? The cookbook ssays about 45 minutesto an hour for pork baby back ribs, but says nothing about beef ribs.[p]Thanks again.[p]Dr. Snore

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Dr. Snore, this is a post that I placed yesterday...[p]"1st mistake was following the cookbook. The 1st thing I did with that little critter was place it is a very safe place (can't exactly remember where) and ask for advice on this forum. "[p]Hope this helps...[p]While I have never done beef ribs, but the following is a post from C~W from a while back.[p]

Posted by Char-Woody on December 01, 1999 at 18:17:45[p]Following a recipe courtesy of Glenn Krause "Krause's Cafe" with some small variations.
    (1) rack of thick beef ribs.
    (2) coated with mustard and Char-Crust over night in fridge.
    (3) Into preheated BGE 300 degree F. at 3:40 p.m.
    (4) ribs temperature at 5:00 is 152 degrees..
    (5) Tore off a tiny piece... tasted goooooooooooood.
    (6) Wrapped in foil and returned to the BGE... temp still 300F.
    Waiting half hour to see if tender, juicy, fall apart...ribs..??? Cya after lunch... C~W

[p]Good luck and let us know how they turn out.
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Gfw, You brought back some good memories.. I gotta do them again. Tomorrow!!!
    Beef rib is a overlooked prime top quality meal..Thanks!
    C~W