Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

And It Just Gets Better…

Grandpas Grub
Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Dang there sure some nice people on the forum!!!

My neighbor just brought over a package the postman had left for us. I opened the box to find some Panettone, eenie meenie’s sweet bread.
eeniemeenie.jpg

I have been wanting to make this since Rebecca’s post back in the beginning of last December. I feel pretty fortunate to receive something that takes so much effort to make, package and ship.

Very kind and thank you Rebecca, it is appreciated more than I can express.

A little back story. My wife never objects to me getting ‘stuff’ I want/"need" and very seldom asks for things for herself other than things for the kids and grand kids. Hence Large, Medium, Small and Mini eggs plus a Stoker and DigiQII and a bunch of other ‘necessities’ for egg’n – (and in the past other hobbies). I have never had to ask the wife or get the wife’s permission, other than a courtesy to her. In the rare case she does want something I do my very best to get ‘it’ for her.

So we get the Panettone in the post from Rebecca and as suggested I toasted some, put some butter on it and give it to my wife.

After ONE BITE, I was informed - not asked, not suggested, just TOLD, under no circumstances am I allowed to eat any of the Panettone unless she gives her expressed permission. I am lucky it wasn’t written permission.

The one who must be obeyed (sometimes) isn’t here and I am enjoying a little right now – I am going to catch heck for that. Sometimes a dangerous mission is worth the risk - hopefully she won't notice. But toasting it and putting some butter and a little sugar with a hint of cinnamon is really, really good.

Here is a post from Hoss where he posted some pictures of toasted Panettone.
Hoss's pictures

Here is a link to eenie meenie’s original detailed post. It is well worth taking a look.
eenie meenie's post on Panettone

Thank you Rebecca, that was very nice of you and much appreciated. A pretty dang nice Monday indeed.

My best, Kent

Comments