Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

my superbowl lineup is now set

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
been reading what others were doing and finally settled on my menu for tomorrow .. .[p]1. my mandarin chicken wings (i did these at eggfest two years ago, haven't done them recently and my family loves them). ..basically a marinade/sauce made with hosin/duck/sweet and sour sauces, with some ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce. . .very sweet[p]2. couple of racks of spare ribs. ..will probably go with dizzy dust/raging river and finish them with ken stone's big chief sauce. ..[p]3. shishkebobs. ..got some nice sirloin steak, shrooms, orange and yellow peppers, and red onion. ..will marinade in newmans balsamic vinager dressing and grill direct. . ..[p]that oughta do it. . ..
hope you all enjoy yours as well. . .

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Sounds yummy. I had a few cancel so, I'm going with[p]Mad Max crab cakes[p]Chef Rd wings, Firewalk style[p]Pulled Pork, I put it on at 11:30 so hope someone is around later to hold my hand threw the night[p]Never heard of your mandarin wings, give us a little more detail.[p]Mike
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    here is the mandarin wing recipe....its a lot different than what most folks do here.. .you end up with a nice sweet oriental type glaze on these. . . you do have to keep moving them around on the grid to avoid any burning. . .cause there is a lot of sugar in the sauce between the hosin and the duck and sweet and sour. ...we really like them though. ..[p]MANDARIN WINGS[p]5 pounds of wings split
    2 jars hosin sauce
    1 jar duck sauce
    1 jar sweet and sour sauce
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    about a tablespoon of sesame oil
    chinese chile oil to taste
    ginger to taste
    bunch of scalions fine chopped
    mix it all up, let the wings marinade as long as you want[p]cook direct on raised grid or indirect on grid over inverted plate setter at 250 dome temp, turning them and moving them around fairly often to avoid hot spots. . ..about 1 1/2 hours. .

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]1) Got my made-completely-from-scratch pastrami on right now. Hmmm ... having some doubts about it because it's taking what seems to be an inordinately LONG time to cook. Seems to be cooking exactly like a regular brisket and I THOUGHT it would go a lot faster. Just hope it doesn't end up tasting like several of my plain ol briskets.[p]2) Got 4 full racks of ribs rubbed and slathered sitting in the fridge. Three with Dizzy dust ( some regular, some course grind) and one with Jamaican Firewalk. Need to make a run to pick up some more Bone Suckin' Sauce. OOOoo that's good stuff. Been using it on everything lately, including plain ol burgers.[p]3) Sposed to bring soup to a SB party. I already posted what happened with my stock. Ran and got another ham bone this morning and going for my second attempt. Oh yeah, did you know HoneyBaked Ham company sells bones? Pretty handy. Picked it up for $6, I think, with enough ham on to put in the end product. But now I'm running behind on where I usually like to be with the soup for when it's supposed to be served. Oh well ... At the very least, things should start smelling better in here before long! LOL

• Hooter
    Hooter Posts: 134
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Put a big 'ole butt on the egg an hour or so ago. My first cook w/ a guru! Doing some wings tomorrow after Mr. Pig comes off. Made a big 'old dish of homemade mac 'n' cheese...going in the oven tomorrow around noon. Friend is bringing over chili. [p]And my Redskins drink vending machine in the basement is stocked w/ Heineken, Amstel Light, and Miller Lite. Kalik beer from the Bahamas iced down in a bucket. [p]We will be set at Hooters house tomorrow!