Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about the NiEggara Fest

Options
chocdoc
chocdoc Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Nick from Lakeshore Living is working on the NiEggara Fest for this year - he's waiting for the winery to give him some dates.

How strongly do people feel about the cooking day being a Saturday vs a Sunday? Apparently Sunday will give a much better location on the grounds and access to the winery building itself so that a big outdoor tent isn't required which would likely allow the tickets to be sold for a lower cost.

The way I look at it - travel for people from out of town will either involve the Friday (if the cook is on Sat) or the Monday (if it's Sunday) - so would it be a deal breaker?

I'm assuming for locals Sat or Sun would be about the same?

Comments

• RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    Hmm...

I think you'll have fewer people for the after party if you change the cook day from a Saturday to a Sunday.

For me (GTA location) if we cook on a Saturday, I'd take half the day off on the Friday and leisurely return home on the Sunday. If we cook on a Sunday, I'd be tempted to blow off the after party OR take the entire day off on the Monday.

Also keep in mind what's open and what's not open on a Saturday versus a Sunday.
    You won't be doing any beer or wine runs on a Sunday evening. I know, planning, planning.

Just my two cents!

Michael
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Chocdoc,

Are you organizing the event this year? As Michael said, a Sunday cook would probably affect the after party unless people are taking the Monday off. It is an interesting idea, especially if it is possible to improve the surroundings :)

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Kerry, Last I heard, he was kicking around the idea of having it at his place. Wonder what he'll settle on.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • chocdoc
    Options
    Chef Charles wrote:
    Chocdoc,

Are you organizing the event this year? As Michael said, a Sunday cook would probably affect the after party unless people are taking the Monday off. It is an interesting idea, especially if it is possible to improve the surroundings :)

Tom

Not me - but I'm sure I'll be helping out all I can. I've become very attached to Nick cause he's such a sweetheart.
  • chocdoc
    Options
    cookn biker wrote:
    Kerry, Last I heard, he was kicking around the idea of having it at his place. Wonder what he'll settle on.

He's still waiting to hear back from Hernder about the dates - still has it in the back of his mind that if he can't get a date that he wants that his place might be the fallback.

I've been Friday and today and will be again tomorrow with Nick and Anna at the Home Show preaching the Egg gospel. We had one exciting sale of a large Egg to a foodie celebrity (who's name I can't share) and Nick is working on having this celebrity attend the Eggfest. It should be a real coupe if he pulls it off.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Wonder if it's the same one that didn't show last year. :whistle:
    Nick is a cool dude!!
    Keep us in the loop, one who hangs with the celebs. :laugh: :P
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • chocdoc
    Options
    cookn biker wrote:
    Wonder if it's the same one that didn't show last year. :whistle:
    Nick is a cool dude!!
    Keep us in the loop, one who hangs with the celebs. :laugh: :P

Tell all - who was supposed to show last year?
  • cookn biker
    Options
    You first. :laugh: :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • chocdoc
    Options
    cookn biker wrote:
    You first. :laugh: :laugh:

Promised Nick I wouldn't tell. Nick didn't know who this person was - he's not a TV watcher.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    the suspense is killing me, my money is on Corbin or Massimo :whistle:

edit: or Mark?
    canuckland
  • chocdoc
    Options
    Canugghead wrote:
    the suspense is killing me, my money is on Corbin or Massimo :whistle:

edit: or Mark?

Nope - not Mark either. Oh yeah, and if you do guess right I'm not going to tell you either!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    do not reply if it's Michael or Jason B)
    canuckland
  • cookn biker
    Options
    The guy last year was a musician. So now you Candians have 2 famous Eggheads...wooohooo!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"