Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just ordered adjustable rig, didn't order sliders,

Scottborasjr
Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is this a big mistake on my part?
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Yes...you need them to hold the extra racks.
  • I ordered my sliders about 6 months after the original Adj Rig order. I use the rig extender occasionally, but the slider stays in all the time on the lower shelf.

For egg number two I ordered the Adjustable rig and Spider combo with the round SS grid for the lower shelf. That has advantages too since it can hold more wings and stuff and doesn't cut of the edges like the oval grid used on the slider... The point is you have so many options and each and every one is cool.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    I have two oval grids and one slider. I also have the rig extender. When grilling chicken I put the rig in with the extender on top and the oval grid on that. That is my wonderful grilling spot for all things chick. ;)

I need to get more rig eggcessories :woohoo:
  • Chief Chef
    Chief Chef Posts: 199
    Just made my third purchase(a second slider) from CGS. I think I should have gone all in the first time and saved the shipping costs. Can't imagine there is anything I couldn't cook now.
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    I went all in and bought just about everything they make for the large Egg last year when I got my Egg. I debated it for sometime because I didn't know if I would use it all. Well I have used it all and use it a lot. As you know, the adj rib, sliders, stones, extender, spider, etc. are made extremely well and has more than tripled by cooking space in my large.

You can't go wrong with any of the products at the Ceramic Grill Store.