Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need camera help

Options
"Sparky"
"Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I have a Nikon D-60 that I'm having trouble with.It comes up with an error (Press shutter release button again).I've tried pulling the battery and restarting it(and obviously,pressing the shutter release button)but nothing seems to be working.Any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks

Comments

• Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Hi Sparky
    Did you recently remove the lens? If so or if not push lens release button and twist to the point it could be removed. DO NOT lift lens off camera body, and risk chance of dust on sensor! Then lock lens back securely till you here the "click" back to camera body. Then turn back on and try. Very important to NEVER remove or attempt to remove lens with camera powered on. Make sure camera is off; better yet remove battery before doing this. Let me know if this cures your error issue.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Also have the D60, but lucky I never had this problem yet. I did google the problem and came up with a few results. I don't like the idea of opening the camera, very risky.

http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Nikon+d60+Press+shutter+release+button+again
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    I did not remove/replace the lens when the error occurred.I was actually taking pictures of my baby boy,when the camera just quit on me :pinch: I have tried removing the lens,as well as trying another lens with no luck.It looks like I might be stuck with a high dollar paper weight right now :pinch: Any other suggestions?Thanks
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Thanks Dave,I may have to try opening the camera :pinch:
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    My suggestion is to send back to a Nikon Factory Service Center only. It may be up to a $150 repair but much cheaper than a new SLR. As EggNorth stated there are many others whom have had this issue. One last suggestion is to CAREFULLY remove lens and clean contact points (usually gold) with a que-tip and isopropyl alcohol on both camera and lens. Then remount lens firmly. Let us know if this works. Now worry’s, your camera is not going to be a paper weight. It can be repaired.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Thanks for the help.I'll get it to my camera store as soon as the funds allow ;)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Doug, did u ever get your Nikon working? I just found this...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/d40slr/discuss/72157608920360100/

Several suggestions. Hope it helps.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• "Sparky"
    Options
    Thanks man,I'm still contemplating taking my camera apart,or waiting till I can have it repaired professionaly :pinch: