Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the thrown,sink, shower

fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,736
edited November -1 in Off Topic
all in the same room, how convenient. :) thinkin about a bathroom door, stike thinks its more artsy not to have one. am sure bordello can come up with a better reason for no door ;)

014-7.jpg

dont like the lights :whistle: maybe ill get used to them in 20 or so

015-5.jpg

017-4.jpg
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    How are you going to act now? :laugh:

To me that is a nice bathroom.

The reason for the door is to keep the stink from getting out. Especially if you have company. :pinch:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i didn't think it was more artsy without one, just think a tempered custom glass door will cost a pretty penny :laugh:

looks good
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Maybe a one way mirror glass door. What side will the mirror be on. :unsure:
  • stike
    thought he meant a door for the shower. had to read it again :laugh:
  • fishlessman
    the bathroom door, room would be more inviting without one, but now that you mention it, a glass bathroom door would be great, i saw an outhouse last summer on sebago with a glass door overlooking the lake :) i did keep the old rusty shower rod though, still worked fine B)
    fukahwee maine

• Our bathroom is laid out in a "one room" scenario as well, except that the sink & shower are on the LHS and the "throne" is by the shower, to the right of it.

We have a pocket door which, when closed, separates the shower & toilet from the sink. That way someone can be using the sink (brushing teeth, etc) while someone else can be on the toilet - without fear of embarrassment :blush:
    The only scenario where the pocket door doesn't help is if someone wants to take a shower while someone else needs to be on the toilet. :whistle:

P.S. As an aside, we just had a new light / fan combo installed - the new fans are sooooooo quiet!! I couldn't believe that the new fan has a much higher airflow rate, while being much quieter! When the fan is on, it's practically impossible to hear the motor!! Sure beats the noisy fan motors of the 60's & 70's!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Glass is a pain to keep clean. Soap scum ick always. I say no door. I wish I'd pulled the tub and tiled the floor. No door, easier as one ages. Plus I'm not a bath kinda person. Mostly because they were always to short for me.
    Room looks good!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • fishlessman
    no no no hahaha, we are talking the door to the bathroom ;) shower stall has a curtian :) curtian goes in the washer once a month
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    the fan in the room is from the 60's, maybe even earlier, its hooked up to the only humidity switch ive ever seen in a bath and the fan has the big industrial tin louvers on the outside of the house when it turns on. its the only thing i kept in the room :)
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    and its rude to ask who is in there, this way you can just look :)
    fukahwee maine

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    You have a fan?? :whistle: :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    oh, hahaha :blush:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Like that! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • stike
    people think they want a quiet fan until they discover just what noises the fan was covering up in the first place. :laugh:
  • stike
    by "thrown" do you mean it is an ejection seat too? :laugh:
  • stike
    with a macerator :laugh:
  • fishlessman
    either a misspelling, or its...times up. its a cool seat, lean it forward and it shuts by itself quietly
    fukahwee maine

• My first thought was the scene from Boondock Saints :laugh:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    great flick. one strong SOB to pull that commode up from the floor like he did.
  • The thrown throne hehehe

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    i'm guessing that when they make a movie, they don't require you to actually tear the toilet from the floor.
  • Might not have been real porcelain either

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Nope. I saw it happen on the screen so it had to be true.
  • Nice work Fish - you are getting kind of fancy

Like the tile work

Notice the water conservation move - you have a number 1 flush and a number 2 flush :)
  • fishlessman
    i have a lift pump to get the septic to the street line, when power goes out i get about 3 to 5 flushes before the line is full with the old throne. this will get me 9 to 15 flushes, even more with the half flush feature. works alot better than i thought it would, heard alot of complaints with the watersaver toilets, this one works fine
    fukahwee maine