Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

King-0-Coals Rantings

Options
Guru of Grease
Guru of Grease Posts: 9
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mvc-007f.jpg
<p />He has opinions on everything, is over the top on his strive for perfection, and as you have probably seen doesn't give any slack to anyone, especially them thar yankees. Of course he considers me border line in that category as I am now living just NORTH of Atlanta. However, he is definitely right about one thing, we can no longer eat out as the food is not up to our standards, even when we miss our own perfection standards. After arriving on the island for a brief gathering this weekend we have already consumed massive quanities of food and favorite beverage, oysters and porterhouse. Today is pizzas and baby backs while we await the arrival of our boston butt, eta 12:00 Sunday.[p]Thanks to help from BOB, attached are a couple of pictures for everyones pleasure. "Angels on Horseback", oysters wrapped in slivers of thick hickory and maple smoked bacon and touched off with one of our favorite rubs. The other is the pitifully thin porterhouses he bought for us, you would think he would treat his visitors with more respect. Porterhouse picture is at,
http://people.atl.mediaone.net/eas/Mvc-009f.jpg

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Guru of Grease,[p]You should post that oyster recipe. I use to eat raw oysters but no more - do you smoke them at all and cook at what temp. It must be low since I see tootpicks that aren't burnt.[p]Tim
  • Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Guru of Grease,
    I tried the URL and it said either outdated or server has been instructed not to allow you access! Did I make him that mad? Complaining about the "wimpy" porterhouse he was servin' you! I thought you was his best buddy? What's he do to his worst enemy? Lord help us all! Those appetizers sure look Eggciting! (if I can burrow a few choice words from NB and the Colonel!) Ribs tonite, huh? I hope they're as good as the ones I pigged out on last night! Gettin' back to his perfection! Jist tell 'em the difficult you accomplish immediately, the impossible just takes a little longer!
    Now tell me this, is it my fast talkin' that disrupts him or is it his sloooooooow hearing?[p]Hang in thar! He means well! Look what hiz wife's put up wid all des years![p]Dr. Chicken

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Dr. Chicken, we'z be'z jammin! Having some trouble trying to get the best pics posted. We are going to post the Angles on Houseback recipe,, by you Cheeseheads please refrain from coating them with mustard. I swear, you guys put mustard on everything. I'll bet you have a jar on your nightstand too. Hang in there with us. I'm keeping Guru somewhat sober so he can do the technical computer work, since is is about as useless as a screen door on a submarine in the grilling department. We are letting our clean-up women do pizzas for lunch today. That should be something.

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Tim M, Stay tuned for recipe. We still eat a few raw as long as they come from our back yard. We have very close monitoring of our waters due to the rich sea life. As long as the flood stages of rivers to our north stay calm, we get fine oysters that are safe for healthy people. Problems arrise when someone with a liver disfunction or other immune problem tries to eat them raw. They are naturally salted and very fine right now. During the winter, our waters are as clear as a swimming pool, but during the summer, we get blooms of plankton and other small marine life that causes a degree of cloudiness.
  • Guru of Grease
    Options
    Mvc-007f.jpg
    <p />Dr. Chicken,
    sorry for the reference problems, I have added the porterhouse picture here. You are right about not getting on his wrong side, he usually reverts to allowing his cleaning woman to cook. Posted Angels again as they deserve double coverage, plus I wanted to see how the optional url link worked.

• Guru of Grease
    Options
    Still Trying to get pics up.

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Mvc-009f.jpg
    <p />Guru of Grease,[p]
    Look like you need a little assistance! Here is your Porterhouse steaks. You can get only one image per post to the forum.[p]Otherwise, you boyz iz doin great!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Bob,..they are right.
    Those are skinny steaks.
    Musta come from nearby Texas! Now Iowa steaks still got hoof's attached.
    And no shame..showing em naked like that with no mustard/rub dress on em..sigh..!!
    I am enjoying the show!!
    Cheers..C~W[p](don't say I said it, but I do em that way with Kosher salt and pepper too once in a while)[p]

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]I would never tell on you but, I knew you weren't ALL yeller :~)[p]I never buy a skinny steak except for my dog's birthday, he prefers them that way.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Bob, I gotta eat em myself..my dogs on a diet!! :-)

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    That's what I like to hear! After spendin' 3 yrs in Texas (coulda been the land down under) I found (IMHO) they could learn a thang or three from us folks in the heartland! Naked steaks??? I don't think they could look any better! ('cept maybe thicker!) (Musta been one of dem thar "mad cows" that got anemic!) Cain't blame our southern brudders fer dat![p]Dr. Chicken

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Bob,
    must be them bad teeth!

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Guru of Grease,
    Them steaks look mighty fine! Even if they are a little anemic! From what King-O-Coals posted back, you like your steak a little on the rare side too! You can't beat a rare steak, charred on the outside and red/pink on the inside with plenty of juices running out when you cut into it! Nothing to cover up the fine, mouth watering taste! My son use to like........ketchup on it! Now he's more like the old man. Give it to him naked!
    I'm about 2 hrs away from putting on the deer steaks! 1 1/2" butterflyed and wrapped with bacon. They will rival the best filet-mignon! I hope our guests appreciate it. I've got a big pot of home-made ranch beans cookin' on the Egg (with jest a hint of jalpenos in it), home made bread, baked potato and salad! It may not be porterhouse, but it should be almost, repeat, almost as good! Sometimes you jest got to cut back a little!
    Can't the two of you give me some help on the stew recipe I posted? Come on guys, I'm in a heap a' trouble![p]Dr. Chicken