Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new addition to the family

Options
Firetruck
Firetruck Posts: 2,679
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dollie and I went to our local egg dealer to buy some fire wire for a friends birthday. While there I was eyeballing the new mini in the corner of the store. :blink: She said "it's so cute, you should get it". :pinch: I hee hawed around for about 20 minutes and finally gave in. So we are the proud owners of 3 eggs. :woohoo: We couldn't wait to fire it up so we headed to Kroger and bought some filet's. They were great too!

Here's some pics of the little guy

with his big brother
IMG_4268.jpg

nice and clean
IMG_4270.jpg

his first load of lump
IMG_4271.jpg

first fire
IMG_4275.jpg

I think I'm gonna like it ;)

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Congratulations to you, Jody! You're gonna love that little guy, if you don't already!! :woohoo:
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Cool... Way to go. You will love it.

I hope you got to see the movie I put together about what you can cook on a Mini. I posted it just a few days ago.

Here's the link to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYGge_k7FUI

Have fun.

Spring "Mighty Mini Manages Magnificiently" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    JoJo, Your gonna dig it!! Hot n fast!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning JoJo:

Congrats on tne new addition...I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    They are so cute at that age :P
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Sounds like your feeding her right, buddy. ;)

Those things are so handy and easy to tote around, you'll love it.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Yes, I think you are going to love it! :) Mine lives in my fireplace all winter. Unless I have a craving for pizza or a butt, my large doesn't see much action in the winter. Come to think of it, the mini gets used more than the large, even in the summer.

Tonight, a turkey loaf (ground turkey, peppers, onion, celery, seasonings) in the fireplace mini.

Hope you like yours as much as I like mine!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Firetruck
    Options
    I didn't catch it the first time around but that was great. Thanks for posting it :)
  • Firetruck
    Options
    WooHoo I like that :laugh:
  • Firetruck
    Options
    John I think I already do B)
  • Firetruck
    Options
  • Firetruck
    Options
    Adam, camping has been on our minds lately which was a contributing factor...I think :blink: :)
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    Very nice JoJo congrats!!
  • cookn biker
    Options
    What % of fat are you using M? Have you done that before using that %?
    Grassya** :)
    Feeling better, can ya tell. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Firetruck
    Options
    I think it will be used a lot
  • Firetruck
    Options
    aint they though :laugh:
  • Firetruck
    Options
    thanks Kendell
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    That was ALOT of FABULOUS food !!
    More meat please !! :-)
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Congrats Jody,
    You will love your little Guy.
    It's funny ours was a little girl!! and I thought they were all girls. :laugh: Now I know better. :woohoo:
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I don't have a mini but, I wouldn't mind one. I've seen a couple posts on here where they had to order one and end up get one with the old style hinge. Then they end up buying the new style hinge and eating the other. They sure are neat little buggers. Enjoy your new egg! ;)
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Mol, I have no idea. I think it was Purdue pre-ground. Pretty sure the fat % was low. This was from a vac bag in my freezer. No original packaging. But yes, I've done it before.

If you put enough seasoning in it, even turkey tastes. :P Onion and garlic powder, coriander, s&p, cumin, I think. Oh, and some red pepper flakes.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Firetruck
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Jim
  • Firetruck
    Options
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I'll give it a whirl soon. Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Bulldog Mom
    Options
    Just got mine for Valentines Day's, which makes our three. Enjoy!!!!!
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Molly, maybe make it a meat loaf with an egg and bread crumbs et al. Can't recall doing that, but I'll bet it would be good.

Glad you're feeling bettah.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Firetruck
    Options
    thanks, same to you Judi :)
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    Glad to see you got it with the new style hinge. Enjoy the new little one!
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Mo betta is good!! Thanks M.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Turk
    Turk Posts: 114
    Options
    Anyone out there have any experience traveling with the mini? Cooking on motel parking lots and etc. Been thinking about giving it a go? Give me your thoughts. Thanks.