Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good Group Buy in Nashville

WileECoyote
WileECoyote Posts: 516
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been away from the forum for a while, mostly busy with work and other hobbies, but still egging all the time and loving it. Have converted many friends and family to join the egg clan and all are pleased.

Wanted to post a short note to let you all know that we are repeating our third annual group buy for Wicked Good Charcoal in the Nashville area. Our group has now grown to include a few dozen people from 3 states and we will probably have enough orders to get 4 or 5 full pallets this time, maybe more. If you are interested then just send me a note via the forum and I will reply via email with the details. Bottom line is that this is a great way to save a lot of money and get the best lump that money can buy. Nobody makes any money on this, we are just pooling our orders to get a discount.

Also, I recently decided to sell my spare Mini Egg which includes a few accessories. I posted it on CL so if anyone is interested then feel free to check it out or send me a note for details, while it lasts:

[SOLD]

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I'm glad to see you back! I'm still using the syringe and stopper you were kind enough to send me. ;) It's my favorite way to light my eggs. Fast, clean and cheap. :cheer:
  • Good to hear from you Steve. I also still use the syringe and alcohol method. Quick, cheap, and fast. I especially like the FAST part during these cold winter months... no more huddling around the egg nursing it with a torch or waiting for napkins to catch.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    It was a record-breaking day here today. The egg nearly lit itself. 85! :S It's been sunny and warm all week. I feel kinda guilty :whistle:
  • Steve,
    I would like some info. Nashville is about an hour from here.
  • WileECoyote,
    I am looking for ALMOND. Please let me know.
    I am out of Louisville, but wkygriller will pick it up for me. B)

Thanks,
    XLGrEGGer
  • Sent you some info via email Steve. Contact me directly for any questions or to join our group. We have more than 2 dozen now from 3 states and we welcome everyone!
  • Update:

I have only received replies from about half of our group so far and we are already up to 3 full pallets on the Wicked Good Charcoal order. It seems likely that we will hit 5 pallets this time around so the pricing should be better than ever. If you live anywhere close to the Nashville area (Kentucky, Alabama, East/West Tennessee, etc.) and you are interested in getting some of the best lump available at a very low price then just send me a note via the forum or post a reply here and I will contact you.

Also, it looks like my spare mini egg will be sold to CHOCDOC and making it's way north to Canada through a special transportation network. Glad that it found a good home to a fellow egghead.

WileE
  • Update:

We now have more than 30 people participating in this group buy! Delivery will be to a warehouse in Nashville but many people are pitching in to split up and transport the bags as far as Kentucky, Alabama, and East Tennnessee.

If you are located within 3-4 hours of Nashville and you want to get the best hardwood lump on the planet for a price lower than the cheapest lump at your local discount store then now is the time to speak up.

Reply to this thread or send me a note via this forum before Friday 1/21 and you can join us. We are finalizing our order this week so if you miss out then it will be another year or so before we order again.

WileE
  • Steve,
    I just want to make sure that you have me down for 20 bags?

Thanks,
  • XLGrEGGer wrote:
    Steve,
    I just want to make sure that you have me down for 20 bags?

Thanks,
    I have you down for 23 total bags. Check your email tonight for the latest update, and contact me directly if any changes.

WileE
  • Our annual Nashville area group buy has just been completed.

We now have almost 40 eggers in our group from all over Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama. Nearly 30 of them ordered this time around and we got 6 full pallets, 360 bags, 7,920 lbs. of WGC lump! The very best lump available and at the best price too!

Special thanks to Lee at WGC for the best customer service ever, year after year. In addition to giving us great terms she really goes out of her way to fill the order, ship promptly, and follow-up to make sure the delivery is smooth with no problems.

Also thanks to the local guys at Diesel Performance who let us use their warehouse for a delivery and pick up station. There aren't too many places you can unload and store that much lump!

And finally thanks to all the guys and gals in our group that ordered. Based on our rapid growth we will most likely have enough to get a full tractor trailer next year. You never can have enough WGC!

Now my bags are stored high and dry, and I can rest easy for another year. If you missed out this time but want in next year then drop me a note via this forum. All are welcome. We might even sponsor a Nashville eggfest soon. Take care until then.