Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chubby's Breakfast Cupcakes Question

BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well tomorrow i am planning on getting up to cook breakfast on the egg. well i remember chubby had this thing he did with a cupcake pan. i remember ricks tropical delight doing something with breakfast and omelets in a cupcake pan.. i was going to layer the cupcake pans with ham mix up some eggs and pour them into the individual cupcake molds.and top them with some cooked bacon.. so my question is... is there anyone out there who has made chubby's cupcake breakfast that would have any pointers for me..

i will also add some chese to the eggs before i pour them into the individual molds

thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Does this help?

Eggs, Breakfast, Baked W/Mushrooms in Ham Crisps, Chubby's Chic

Good Morning...This one's attributed to my lovely wife...Ann! She...(without fear or cohersion), for the "Purposes of Eggdom"... will now...and forever be known as... "Chubby's Chic"!! Please.... express your condolences to her privately!!

INGREDIENTS:
    3/4 Lb Cremini, (baby bella) Mushrooms, Finely Chopped
    1/4 Cup Shallots, Finely Chopped
    2 Cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
    2 Tbs Butter, Unsalted
    2 Tbs Olive Oil
    2 Tbs Sour Cream
    1 Tbs Tarragon or Parsley, Finely Chopped
    12 Slices Black Forest or Virginia Ham (without holes)
    12 Large Eggs, (don’t use extra large or jumbo)
    Hollandaise Sauce, Optional

Procedure:
    1 Preheat EGG to 375°F. dome for direct cooking. Fit 1 slice of ham in each of the 12 lightly oiled muffin cups (ends will stick up and fold over the edges).
    2 Saute mushrooms, garlic and shallots in oil & butter until mushrooms have rendered off most of their liquid (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and tarragon. Salt and pepper to taste. Evenly divide mushroom mixture into the ham cups and crack one egg into each one. Garnish with tarragon or parsley and bake (about 10 minutes) until whites are set and yolks are runny (if desired).
    3 Remove ham crisps from muffin cups with 2 spoons or small spatulas.
    4 Here...the Mushroom/Shallott filling renders in cast iron.
    5 Ham cups filled, and ready for the Egg.
    6 Ann (Chubby's Chic) and QBabe..(who are both verrrry pink...
    7 I might add!!) carefully liberate Crisps!
    8 The finished product!!
    9 Enjoy!!
    10 Evans

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Breakfast, Brunch

Recipe Source
    Author: Chubby's Chic

Source: BGE Florida Eggfest '06, Chubby's Chic
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Terry, I think he added some mushrooms and a few other things but guess most things will work
  • BENTE
    yes richard that will help... i should have bought mushrooms.. but i didn't :angry:

hope all is well with you pal!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    yea i am going to folllow richards recepie. except i am going to scramble the eggs leave the tarragon and muschrooms out and i will scramble the eggs ;) i should have bought muschrooms :blush:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Terry...

You can for sure fill them with lots of things...but at least for the filling mixture above...they (shrooms) are sort of the "meat" of the filling. You could to a Heuevos Rancheros version with tomatoes, chilis and onions inside.
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    do not use Bubba Tims..... it involved melting the pan if I recall........
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    I've seen pictures of some of Evans's creations, they put the C in creativity. I'm wondering if you are thinking of one of my favorites from Rick that he made in the cupcake pan which was Hangtown Fry. The day after his posting of it I penned this limerick.

Ricks Tropical Delight – Hangtown Fry
    A ~thirdeye~ Limerick

There once was a guy from Ohio,
    Whose cookin' made me say oh-my-o;
    Bacon and eggs, and oysters to boot,
    Only thing missin' is a side of grapefruit;
    A delightful meal from Ohio.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Richard Fl
    Wayne;

Was it anything like this?

Oysters, Hangtown Frittata

INGREDIENTS:
    2 cups mushrooms, sliced
    1/4 cup green onion, sliced
    1 Tbs butter or margarine
    1 10 Ozs Jar Oysters, well drained
    6 eggs
    1 cup milk
    1/4 tsp paprika
    1/4 tsp pepper
    2 Tbs cooked, crumbled bacon

Procedure:
    1 Sauté mushrooms and onion in melted butter in an oven-proof skillet for 3 minutes. Pat oysters dry with a paper towel and add to mushroom mixture. Saute 1 minute or until oysters begin to curl. Drain any liquid. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
    2 Beat eggs, milk, paprika and pepper with a wire whisk until well blended. Pour mixture over oyster mixture in skillet. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake at 400 degree F for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and browned. Cut into wedges to serve.

Servings: 6

Recipe Type
    Breakfast, Seafood

Recipe Source

Source: National Fisheries Institute
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Well my friend, if you are good at reading between the lines, I can share this technique on an old time classic recipe. This post which appeared on another board came with photo's, which Rick removed and I respect his wishes on that.

Hangtown Fry forum post - Rick's Tropical Delight:

back in the gold rush days, when you hit it big, you'd order a hangtown fry... all the most expensive items on the menu fried up together. here's my take on the recipe. i wasn't sure how this was gonna turn out, but dang! not bad!

here's the new egg off craigslist (my 4th) makin bacon!

egg-washed oysters with cracker crumb breading fried up in the bacon grease

eggs & a little milk whisked together then sprinkled with parsley and dizzy pig swamp venom

when the egg starts to set, plop in a few oysters and stick in some bacon pieces...

pull when the egg sets and serve with hot sauce and fresh horseradish!

Sounds good don't it??
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Chubby
    I knew I had this somewhere!

It is of course the recipe that Richard refrences...but sometimes the pictures help!!

Enjoy!!

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=173315&catid=1

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Richard Fl
    Thanks!

100_2344.jpg

Oysters are currently $29/30# box. About 6-8 dozen depending on size. May have to go get some.
  • BENTE
    now that is funny!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    i must have missed that one. but i am sort of doing something more like both of theirs. but i know rick doesnt come around here anymore. plus he has that big cook at vinney's tonight ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    damn that sounds good!!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Wayne. Great limerick. You are Ogden Nash's replacement!
  • BENTE
    i am working with what i got. and runny eggs proabably will not work here. so i am going to do the scrambled thing in a ham.. although i got a group i will make that for sometime in may..

you got to answer me a question tho.... how in the world did i smoke you out of "hiding"? :whistle: always good to see you pal ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    I'll agree with that!
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    While you are digging up recipes - any chance of finding the egg one Ann made in San Antonio?
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Chubby
    Yep Judy!

I'll find it this afternoon. I think she wrote it out a while back for someone else.

Evans
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Evans - any peep out of QBabe? She's been AWOL for 4 years since those pictures!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.