Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime top sirloin

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Our costco never has prime so I was truly surprised to find these today...had to pass on the prime strips at $13.99/ pound......anyway...I haven't cooked much if any sirloin, usually the typical ribeye, strip, or filets for us....I'm thinkin around 500° direct on the small, should get a nice char..some Dale's and raisin the steaks...lookin forward to dinner... :)

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Have a great dinner Wess.

Last night I seared some thin ribeyes and I let them go to long. I ended up making some charcoal for my egg. :blush: :laugh:
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Wess ... They should be really good. I enjoy top sirloin but I've never had it prime. Gotta love Costco meats!
  • WessB
    Options
    I really wish ours would carry more prime, in the probably 8 years we have been a member ( I really have no idea how long its been but its been a LONG time ) I have never seen "any" prime available, the strips looked unbelievable...sirloin is goin on the small in the next hour.
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Wess, I like to use sirloin for kebobs, but can't say I've ever had prime. I wouldn't be surprised if a prime sirloin made a tasty steak. Will look forward to your cook post with pics! :)
  • WessB
    Options
    Not plannin any pics..sorry...just another piece of beef on the egg to me anymore...will try to comment on the prime later on...after 10 years the picture taking doesn't hold the same novelty or excitement it once did....
  • WessB
    Options
    Extremely tender...most likely due to being prime....surprisingly flavorful, mine was medium well, Sally's more medium rare..we both agreed it was very good..and at roughly $5.25 a pound thats pretty good for what I used to consider a cheap worthless cut of beef..I been converted for the time being, have to give some choice a try before a final decision is made..