Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kroger is havin a SALE!

Options
2»

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i wish i'd thought to just type that whenever anyone asked. :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Good point.How would I know what I bought was done correctly? :laugh: ;) I probably would have done that but there is nowhere close around here to get dry aged beef.I guess I could have ordered some off the net.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Hoss wrote:
    How would I know what I bought was done correctly?

if you can't trust the place you;d buy it from, i can't do anything about that...

just trying to help. won't make that mistake again :laugh:

let's just say that it's a lot like wine. i defy anyone to say that if they'd had a great bottle of bordeaux the first time they ever tried wine, that they'd a.) truly like it or b.) know what to look for

and i don't mean that as a snobby thing. i simply mean, you and your wife are gonna look at each other and say, mid-chew, "is this what it is supposed to be like?" and any taste or teture that you don't recognize is more likely to be tossed into the "i don't know about this..." bin simply out of human nature

my advice when people ask about it is always to try some first from a reputable place, and that way you'll know whether you like it or not.

and you won't have had to wait so long :laugh:

anyway, i'm sure it will be excellent. i just hope you think so too. good luck
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • MemphisQue
    Options
    That's good advice
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Hoss, sure wish you hadn't posted this.......I checked my Kroger adds and this must be a regional special. RATS. :(

I'll look forward to your cook with envy. :)
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    well really i don't know the answer to that. it just seems like it would be more likely to grow in a wet environment. :huh:

i really dont think folk are just trying it w/o knowing anything. the reason there are so many "painful in-depth explanations" is because they are trying to find out before ruining $100 worth of meat :)