Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pat, Faith, Richard - ANYONE in FL - HELP ME!!!

Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have a room to rent cheap?! Just temporary, mind you.

I can't take much more of this. Another 6" from the latest storm, with a nice crunchy coating of ice on top. My unheated garage now has about 3' of snow on the roof, the house has close to that. Even when it's not snowing, it's too cold for it to melt. Except... I have ice dams at the gutters and the heat escaping from the house is melting the ice. The water is dripping down inside my walls - and coming out in my kitchen!!

My 8HP snowblower will barely throw the snow high enough to get it over the pile that's already there. The mail truck didn't even slow down when it went by my house today. That's either because she had nothing for me - but more likely because she couldn't see my mailbox which is literally buried under a 4' snowbank.

I don't mind the cold (much). Don't mind snow either, usually. But this is Just. Too. MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And about the room rent... I can cook a little and I can also bring Pearls and split-tops if that helps. :laugh: Oh, and I promise to be gone as soon as the snow here melts - or it gets above 80° at your place. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    too late Michael,, it was over 80 today :laugh: :laugh: come on down I could use the help painting the house :whistle:
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Haa, it was 74 here today and 77 in my house when I got home.....yep, come on down.
    The rent is cheap, but you just might be called upon to paddle when the boat runs out of gas! HaHaHa......................
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Carolina Q
    Ok, 90° then! :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    C'mon down Michael, mid 70's here, warmer next week, fishing is picking up too

My son here a few weeks ago! :cheer: 5349586485_4728b49752.jpg
    PC040003 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
  • FlaPoolman
    Michael, you'll have to leave by Friday but it's safe to come back Saturday :laugh: :laugh:
    http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/32935:4:US
  • Carolina Q
    Florida Grillin Girl wrote:
    ...you just might be called upon to paddle when the boat runs out of gas! HaHaHa......................

Beats shovelin' snow, Darlin'!!! :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• The beach on Monday, 76 and no humidity......................

P i c t u r e yourself here...

DSC00421.jpg
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Been there, done that. Have not lived where it snows since '67. Plenty of room at the Inn.

POORRICHARD1.jpg
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Mike:

No room at the moment...my mother is down from Illinois and refuses to go back until the snow there clears...I guess that means she'll be here for a while :(

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Carolina Q
    Smart a$$! :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    hmmm we have an empty bed and if you can carry on a couple bags of wicked good :ohmy: ... split tops :) and I have not had a pearl yet :whistle:
    IMAG1157.jpg
    do you like oysters? kayaking? fishing, breezy beaches? and the smell of lump?
    IMAG1236.jpg
    oh and ice cold beer as it is so hot out....
    IMAG1129.jpg
    But if you do dishes I will wave all the above.....
  • Carolina Q
    Faith, you are SUCH a tease!!! :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• FlaPoolman
    Faith I'm heading over to your coast
  • Carolina Q
    Richard, will you leave the light on for me? :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Jay, if I was having a great day, I wouldn't have posted this!! :angry: Snow SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Jules, whatever you want, it's yours!!! Beer, Pearls, split tops. I will even do dishes!! Once a week. :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Don't need a light, you can sleep by the pool.

100_2452.jpg
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    a few years ago we got hit really bad with snow.

one guy got very creative and built this...

he called it The great snow wall of Orléans
    photo_403865_resize.jpg
    context is important :)
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Ol' Smokey is still trying to get a fire going in that burned out old Weber, three feet and rising.
    DSC_0211.jpg
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    I think he is hard headed. :laugh: