Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt sale!

Options
Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just cooked one a few weeks ago and really wasn't planning to buy any more this soon, but what is normally $1.99/lb (or $1.79 on the rare occasions it's on sale) was 99¢ a lb today! 'Course, they only had two 5-pounders and the sell-by date is today, but I bought 'em both. They're so small, I might even have a vac bag large enough. If not, maybe I'll just have to put 'em on tonight and take 'em off tomorrow - in the middle of yet another snow storm. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    "butt sale"

zippy had a tee-shirt with that printed on it. it's how he put himself through law school.

selling barbecue, i mean.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    There was a 4 in the middle and it had nothing to do with barbeque

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Options
    And this started out as such an innocent post. :laugh:

Btw, Steven, the butts DID fit in a 15" wide vac bag on the Weston. Just bought a 15" x 50' roll and suspect I could have gotten a 9 lb butt in there.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Michael,

Bought a rebuilt foodsaver and used it twice before it died. Going for the Weston soon.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Yeah, yeah - Where have I heard that before. :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut