Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breaking News Out Of Florida..

Options
Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Big one for the guys in the white hats!!

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    the pointy white hats, with the little eyeholes? :laugh:

anyway, how about no-politics here? it's worked well so far.

i try not to assume that everyone here shares my glee when something goes one way or another, and i also wouldn't want to irritate any friends who had an opinion different than mine.

i am happy you are happy, but please try to keep things here a little neutral. just one person's opinion.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    I second the motion. Great visual...pointy white hats with eyeholes. Thank you, Jeff.

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    What's the news?
  • Hungry Celeste
    Options
    Funny, I had exactly the same thought re: white & pointy!
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    I've got a pretty thick skin...and like to think I have a sense of humor...(though some might dissagree)!

But.., (my political opinions aside)...that kind of comment is really uncalled for! :ermm:

You don't get to insult people like that...(while you're calling for civility and moderation from others) in the next breath!

I call **** on you for that!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Chubby,

stike is a big boy and he can defend himself but this poster has a history of inappropriate posts. This is not a political forum.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Amen to that, Evans! Looks like we have a new sheriff in town!!!
  • stike
    Options
    I was wondering what white hat he was referring to.

And based on his previously racist posts, I didn't think my guess was too far off.

I insulted no one but him (he who insults people as a matter of course) and anyone perhaps who owns one of those hoods.

I did not insult anyone else, unless they misunderstood.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Am I missing something? Is the Klan taking over Florida or something? :huh: :(
  • stike
    Options
    Yeah. Not you. You always jump in after someone else has the guts to say it first

You and chubby obviously had no idea what I was saying.

I can't help that.
  • stike
    Options
    I think chubby must think that I was calling the supreme court of Florida rascists. That is incorrect.

I will not explain it any further, because I thought it was pretty clear and simple.

But thanks, steven
  • stike
    Options
    No

He's referring to the supreme court decision. I don't care either way, but his posts are often inflammatory or fascist or both. Given that, I was wondering if his"white hats" heroes might be the more notorious kind.

Chubby I think assumed I was calling the supreme court klan members. Not true
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    I guess I've been busy. I'm not aware of a Fla. ruling. :blush:
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    Nah.....I think Urban Meyer announced his return to University of Florida.
  • MemphisQue
    Options
    Hysterical...fortunately he just inked a deal with ESPN.
  • egret
    Options
    Oh, stikey,
    That wasn't nice at all!! I don't jump in until someone has the guts to say it first?? Where have you been for the last several years?? Remember our buddy Fred? Besides, I saw your comments as comparing a Federal Judge's ruling to the KKK.......period!! Don't try to weasel your way out of it! It ain't gonna work!!
  • stike
    Options
    You are wrong.

I was alluding to rascal's numerous rascist posts.

Am not accusing th supreme court of being in the KKK

That's idiotic

But I'm not going to abide your saying I called the supreme court rascist.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    I only know one group of guys the wear white hats. :S
  • egret
    Options
    Nonetheless, your comments were over the top......period! Why bring up something like the KKK when you say this forum is non-political in nature? Are you the final authority now? Besides, if you had been paying attention, this judge was a U.S. district judge and not a member of the Florida Supreme Court!
  • stike
    Options
    I didn't understand your comment about Fred at first. I had to think back

And frankly, if you are still angry about smokin Fred and my opinion versus what yours was ( I believe we were in disagreement), then I have to say that's a long time to hold a grudge. Makes sense though. from that time til now you have never responded to me or replied to a post I made. I was wondering what i did to warrant being shunned by a fabled elder.
  • egret
    Options
    Hey Stike.....I'm glad you posted that! I don't have a grudge against you by any means! I'm sitting here smiling now and wondering how two old timers like us could be having words like this! Peace, my friend.....I hope to meet you someday! :laugh:
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    the pope wears a pointy white hat
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    To John and Jeff,

I just had a thought...here John is "aged" commando style in the South - NEVER in a Drybag - so you two have a lot in common!

NOW THE OBLIGATORY :laugh: :P :woohoo: :lol: :silly: ;) so all know I am not trying to start anything!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    yup, that's the group :whistle:
  • egret
    Options
    You really have a way with words, Ron!! :woohoo:
  • Little Steven
    Options
    John in a drybag...that is not a good visual :sick:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    Options
    you don't know rascal

:laugh:
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    Based on his previous posts, you do realize he must wear that pointy hat in order to keep on riding that dead horse.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Bing Bing Bing....you been Tweeved..I thought the general concensus of the forum members was that Rascal was an a$$hole anyway...why bother getting sucked in to his OT and racist posts....least that was my understanding..but I been away..LOL
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Wess,

How bout you and me meet up in Boston and kick the livin crap outta stike just for giggles. That`ll put an end to this sillyness.

Steve 

Caledon, ON