Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Socal Eggfest change

rsmdale
rsmdale Posts: 2,472
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The Socal fest is going to be on May 21 .It was normally held in Sept ,where we stuggled with the heat.It is a blast put on by a great family-if any of you from other states want to come out and have some fun-it's a kick.

Good eats and good friends

DALE

Comments

• Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    I think that will be great Dale. We will be there for sure, hopefully with a few more friends this year. But that does put San Diego in question for us. I was so excited on my last trip to Costco, they had a 3lb tub of Hadley's pitted dates for $5.99. I paid that for an 8oz. container.
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    I.m guessing wrapped dates for Super Bowl?
    Teresa I;m not sure about San Diego,I think they are setting the menus for the cooks?I saw where they are providing the meat.I am going to call down there and find out.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • BBQThom
    BBQThom Posts: 33
    Fluffyb wrote:
    I think that will be great Dale. We will be there for sure, hopefully with a few more friends this year. But that does put San Diego in question for us. I was so excited on my last trip to Costco, they had a 3lb tub of Hadley's pitted dates for $5.99. I paid that for an 8oz. container.

Bought that same deal myself
  • Hi Dale!

Dang on 2 things:

1) While I think the weather will be a little cooler, I made a portable air conditioner for the event, and hoped to show it off while I'm cookin!

2) If the event is May 21 and 22, I am out to the Bay Area for a geeky thing - Maker Faire. Never been, this will be my first one.

If you like playing with gadgets and fire and electricity and stuff, this might be a diversion to Egg-ing.

Here is a link to the 2010 event:
    http://makerfaire.com/bayarea/2010/

Keep us posted on the dates - and the meat status, I want to come as a cooker if the timing is right!!!

-wayne-