Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Briskit that is pre injected

Scottborasjr
Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm gonna do briskit for the super bowl, unfortunately had to get Wal-Mart meat for a test run. Any suggestions for this pre-seasoned/marinaded meat?
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• BBQThom
    BBQThom Posts: 33
    Question Are you saying the brisket you bought is already seasoned and injected?
    I have seen "enhanced" pork but not brisket, interesting
  • Scottborasjr
    Yeah, this is a "enhanced" briskit. But I couldn't be to picky so that's what I'm working with. Getting ready to throw it on and see how it goes.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • BBQThom
    Well smoker er up and tell us how it goes
    What rub did you decide to use?
  • Scottborasjr
    To start I just did a mix of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little bit of red pepper. My wife likes sweeter bbq so I won't add much more to it til I pull it tonight and put a little of JB's Fatboy's Sweet Rub on it. It's made in a little town called Grafton, Nebraska. I really like their sauces and rubs.
  • BBQThom
    Well enjoy Brother and post a pic er two