Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Jeff Fisher split with Titans

Comments

• Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    I wondered...it was a rough season.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    My dad told me several months ago he thought Fisher would go to California. I don't know why he said that he don't have any inside Info. I know we are sure going to miss Jeff Fisher with the Titans he really had a calm demeanor...
  • chipman
    chipman Posts: 85
    Your Dad probably figured Fisher would go back to the 49ers since they were obviously going to need a head coach. But, in one of the most classless moves, the owner of the Titans waited until all the Coaching jobs were filled before firing Fisher.
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    I'm a firm believer that some times you just need to 'change', because what you've been doing isn't getting it to your goal.

Jeff Fisher is a GREAT head coach, in fact, I'd love to have him coaching my Colts (but of course that would never happy as Indy is TOO loyal).

What would irritate me the most as a Titans fan, is that ownership basically chose Vince Young over Jeff Fisher.

(Titans fans) Don't say a word about Young's 'winning percentage' or 'days as a Longhorn'. I don't give those any merit for his career in the NFL. He's been a distraction numerous times, while displaying numerous maturity and mental stability issues.

Lastly....he scored a 16 on the Wonderlic before being drafted.
  • He'll be hired in 2 weeks if he wants another head coaching job. He's a good coach and the Titans for the most part were a winning franchise during his tenure. One aspect of a successful franchise is stability in the head coaching position.
  • chipman
    chipman Posts: 85
    I agree that change is needed sometimes. Bill Walsh once said even a sucessful head coach probably wears out his welcome after ten years. I just think the owner shouldn't have waited this long to fire fisher if that is what he planned in the beginning.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Vince Young was always overrated. And now he is damaged goods. B)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    That is correct. Look at the teams that are successful. Steady coaching is paramount in the NFL.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Woody69
    Woody69 Posts: 360
    Scottborasjr wrote:
    Vince Young was always overrated. And now he is damaged goods. B)

I agree.