Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Volume discount at Cosco!!

Options
Ripnem
Ripnem Posts: 5,511
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A while back Cosco corp. decided to stop stocking Tri-tips in midwest stores. So for whatever reason they sent 5 cases to one of the stores nearby, and we come to find out that if you want to buy them by the case (24 roasts) they shave almost 2 bucks off a pound, bringing them to 3.75 a pound. :woohoo: Since they stopped carrying them my only alternative has been the local meat shop at 8 something a pound(frozen). :huh: and the damn porterhouses in the case are only $11-$12.

So don't be afraid to ask even the largest shop in town for a bargain. :)

Might have to burn a couple at the ice fest. B)

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Oh darn. :laugh: :P
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Willie Lump Lump
    Options
    I purchased a two pack at the Costco in St. Louis Pk today.
    WLL
  • Ripnem
    Options
    the parking in that place is an absolute joke.
  • Willie Lump Lump
    Options
    I agree about the parking.
    We make that one our choice because our favorite place for Dim Sum is a block away.
    Have you asked about case prices on other meats like spares?
    TTFN WLL
  • Ripnem
    Options
    Negative. I split the meat with a buddy and a few of us will be taking full advantage of the discount in to the future. Sure won't be shy to ask about other similar deals.

Have you had any thoughts about joining in the festivities up north at the frozen fest? Feb 11-13 in Crosslake (Boyd Lodge) we have a few cabins reserved and plenty of room.
  • Willie Lump Lump
    Options
    I don't think I could talk the better half into it.

Went up to Bemidje for work this week and it was -9 and the weatherman was saying that it was going to get cold.

Silly me thought that -9 was cold.
    TTFN WLL
  • smak
    smak Posts: 199
    Options
    At one of my local Costco stores they actually have a sign up over the meat case [above the windows] that displays the "case pricing" for a number of different cuts of meat.

-smak
    smak
    Leesburg, VA