Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Jerkin' around in Jamaica

Options
Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few folks asked me to take some shots from vacation to share on the forum.

We've got 3 days left here...and it's been nothing but fun and sun (well...er....except on Wed. night when I told the girls I could hang with them to the nightclub) I hung alright, fell down, and had to be coaxed off standing on a barstool at one point. I ruined yesterday due to all of this fun...didn't eat a single thing the entire day. My stomach had no interest in anything but some american grub. Worse yet, I only had a craving for Pizza Hut, as I watched 100 of their commercials while sick in the room. We don't eat Pizza Hut when we're home, no idea why I craved it. Even the Bob Marley spleef did not help! :whistle:

Anyway...everyday at lunch there is a Jerk Shack where they serve chicken, pork (chops), and sausage. They offer a hot Jerk sauce and a sweet sauce (pretty sure they just add ketchup to it). In a few trips to JamRock, this is the best jerk food I've had outside the little 'shacks'. Of course, not complete without the tradtiional Rice and Peas. I'm going to try to get better pictures.

While not cooking on an Egg, 'The Jerkmaster' (yes, thats his title)is using a very cool charcoal grill. Awesome smell on the beach, and the line is long...until it's all gone.

Ya mon!
IMG_2607.jpg
IMG_2600.jpg
IMG_2604.jpg

Comments

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    i love jamaica! Love there food too! but if you are there why in the hell are you spending time on this forum!!!!! :blink: :blink:
  • Fornia
    Options
    I start my day at 6am daily....there's plenty of time to get much in, believe me.

I'm not spending time on the forum, but simply posting a few photos. Err...sorry for sharing?
  • BigA
    Options
    dont have to err me! its not my vacation! I too start my days at 6am. I just take a vaca to get away from everything and i understand some dont do that and that is fine! Post as much as you want, i just wanted to know why you were on the forum when you could be enjoying the carribean sea!! :laugh: and all the good eats :cheer: have fun mon!!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Fornia,

Where are you in Jamaica?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Looks like some good eats there! Your bar room story brings to mind a scenario when a group of us vacationed in Rio a while back. One afternoon we gathered at a watering hole and consumed copious amounts of a Brazilian cocktail (the name of which I can't recall, and don't really care to)! What I do remember is viewing the tiled floor at extremely close range while trying to keep the ceiling in focus! It was a fun time, but the next day was not too great..
  • Rascal
    Options
    Just to make you jealous...
  • BigA
    Options
    i think so.... B) and i am :cheer: today i would rather be anywhere but here, windchill is -34. it has a nice bite!
  • Rascal
    Options
    Somewhere, it's happy hour, so cheers!!
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Glad you are having fun, and still taking pictures of food while on vacation. Enjoy the rest of your stay!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Tripmaker
    Tripmaker Posts: 124
    Options
    Try to get a jerk receipe while you are there. Both for a marinade and sauce. I have a receipe for Jerk Pork I've made a few times but there is always room for improvement. Those pictures look delicious.
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Fornia-You're missing out on all the fun here in Berks County with the lady that fell in the fountain while texting at the Berkshire Mall. A Youtube sensation. One day she's front page of the Reading Eagle whining about the security guards not running to her rescue. The next day she's on Good Morning America with her lawyer looking to hold someone accountable for posting the video on Youtube. Then we find out she had to appear in Berks County court later that morning for a hearing on her "alleged" unauthorized use of someone elses credit cards. Too funny.
    Have a nice trip!
    Brian
  • Fornia
    Options
    Trying hard to get something good to share in regards to a jerk marinade/sauce recipe, but have yet to strike up anything specific. I have however received a few 'all the good tings of Jamaica', and Scotch Bonnets in regards to ingredients. B)

No worries...I did see our local Berks County 'Mall Fountain Diver' has made it big time. Was watching news in the room late the other night and saw the story via the local LA (?) news we get here in Montego Bay.

Happy to hear she is trying to stess the importance of safety while texting and walking at the same time! Serious?!?!

Last night I told my wife that I missed our Egg. She just doesn't understand. :blush: It'll be back to 0 degree weather and snow in no time. Can hardly wait to shovel the frozen snow on my driveway. :angry:
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Looks like a nice place to be right now Jason! :)

Thanks for sharing a bit of Jamaica with us.