Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reynolds Handi-Vac (Foodsaver)

Options
PattyO
PattyO Posts: 883
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have the Reynolds Handi Vac, but can't find bags for it. I see other no-name bags that says they fit MOST systems, but they don't have the little "button" where the Reynolds seals, and they are very expensive so I'm hesitant to buy them. I guess I can get them via Amazon. So, does anyone know what bags fit the Reynolds system or know where to buy them?

Comments

• Meat
    Meat Posts: 233
    Options
    Not sure if any other bags will work. I do know that they have stopped making the bags and the little unit. Apparently wasn't selling well enough. I called them a while back and a rep was supposed to call me back, but never did. I had bought mine super cheap at Wally World, so I didn't press the issue.
  • PattyO
    Options
    I got mine at a thrift shop, new, unopened. Couldn't go wrong. So now I am washing the bags for reuse. Help, I feel like my mother when she washed plastic bread bags. Then there were the tea bags in the custard cup. Oh, forget it. I don't want to revisit those days.
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    HAHAHA
    WHAT MEMORIES! My granny used to do the bread bag thing, too. Her chest freezer was full of margarine and cool whip containers -- often filled with fresh off the boat shrimp, dewberries, and other great delicacies :)

On topic, we fell in love with the Zip-Lock long veggie bags, then they quit selling them. Contacted DOW (no, not myself) and purchased 2 cases (that was about 10 years ago and still have a few boxes left!). Do the wash/air dry thing with them, too :blush:

I found the Zip-Lock manual vacuum system at Wal-Mart and have also recently found the system and bags at my local IGA. Check with your local independent grocery manager and maybe he/she can locate the Reynold's version. If not, the Zip-Lock works very well -- keeps the smoked cheese nicely B)
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Not sure what type of bags you need, but for foodsaver regular these are great and reasonably priced.

http://www.thesweetattack.com/page/page/1617042.htm
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    My mom asked exactly that same question before Christmas. I found a coupon that got me a FoodSaver handheld unit for $3.99(with free shipping) so I bought both of us one of those along with some more FS bags. That is the second great Reynolds product (non stick grilling sheets was the first) that they have stopped making.
  • PattyO
    Options
    Where did you find the FS hand held? I guess I'll have to replace this Reynolds I have. Til then I'll keep on washing bags.
  • PattyO
    Options
    Amazon has a lot of Reynolds Handi Vac and off brand sealer bags. I guess I should stock up.