Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Visit to the Mothership

Options
asianflava
asianflava Posts: 313
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Came to GA this weekend to attend Myron Mixon's BBQ class.
163167_1807348506603_1326651636_32086268_6609373_n.jpg

Staying with my brother in Atlanta until I fly out tomorrow. Went to visit the mothership today. While talking to the sales guy, a customer came up asking about the fire grate. The sales guy said it was a warranty part and replaced it for free. That reminded me that I have the same problem so I got one also. I hope the XL firegrate fits in my luggage.
166439_1810317380823_1326651636_32092970_1825164_n.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I was just thinking of you. How'd you like the class? I am surprised there is no snow.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    I hope you're not flying Delta. Last week I was two pounds over the 50LB limit and it cost $90.00 to get that bag from N.O. to PA. Not to mention the $60.00 for the two bags in the first place.

So that's $150.00 to get two bags to where I was going. Gald you got your replacement grate though. It is so much easier dealing with the mothership than most of the dealers out there.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Did they ask for proof of purchase or anything?
  • Cagey
    Cagey Posts: 86
    Options
    Southwest Airlines - Bags Fly Free
  • Texas Eggie
    Options
    How.was the class?
  • boston_stoker
    Options
    What did you think of Myron's class?
  • asianflava
    Options
    The first day was registration and a meet-and-greet dinner. We came for a catfish dinner and met Myron, his family, and his crew. It also allowed us to get familiar with where we had to go the next day

The second day he went over whole hog, and his different injections. He showed us how to prep the meats prior to going on the smoker. Then we would break off into 7 or 8 groups to do our own meats. The hog was put in the smoker that night. His helpers put the other meats on later that night.

The third day was a bit hectic because it was on a competition timeline. He made his various sauces and glazes that go on the meats and and box building for all the different sanctioning bodies; KCBS, MBN, MIM, FBA. It was a bit fast, I'll have to reorganize my notes when I get home. When I left, Myron acknowledged it and said to contact him if I had questions. I know a lot of you are wondering, but he is genuinely a nice guy.

I learned how complicated his process was. Most of it isn't necessary for backyard cooks (like me) but just in case I decide to compete I know what I have to do. He went over everything and kept no secrets. His helpers were also a wealth of knowledge. They were there to help and give helpful tips.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I heard the same thing from other Eggers who have taken his class. As well as those that compete with him. He is truly a nice guy and very giving of information.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Glad to hear that! Also glad you had a good experience. :)