Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A photo timeline of my butt cookout.

disabledBGEWDE
disabledBGEWDE Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
[img]:D[/img]
<p />Here we go again! I am new to the multi photo posts. I am still learning and having fun doing it!!![p]Butts%209pm.JPG
9PM last night... Rubbed down and ready to go.[p]Butts%20130am.JPG
1:30AM... Looking good... The tendrloin should have come off now.[p]Butts%20330.JPG
3:30AM... Tenderloin not so tender and gone, but butts are looking good.[p]Butts%206am.JPG
6AM... Still staying the course, the butts are starting to obtain a bark.[p]Butts%20830am.JPG
8:30AM... Time to do some adjusting...[p]Added%20hickory.JPG
8:45AM added Hickory[p]Added%20Ribs.JPG
OMG... its Danish Baby Back Ribs!!!! Holy Cow it is going to be a great day of football and BBQ!!!!

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    BGEWDE,[p]If I leave now...I think I can make it by the time thoes "Ribbers" are ready!![p]Nice pics...!![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • BGEWDE,[p]Do you deliver to Canada?[p]Looks amazing.
  • BGEWDE or anyone who can comment,
    I am still pretty new to this. I see in your last picture that you are adding wood chunks to your charcoal. I was always under the impression that if you add additional wood chips after the cook is started then the meat would taste bitter. I know that I even had bitter tasting meat when I put the meat on too soon at the beginning of a cook when the white smoke hadn't died down yet. [p]There are times when I want additional smoke flavor, but have been afraid to add wood chips for fear of wrecking the meat. What am I doing wrong or what can I do differently?[p]Thanks, Mark

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Mark from Utah,[p]He's sstarting a NEW cook. Look at the last pic. It's baby back ribs, where he had been cooking butts and a tenderloin he took off earlier. So, those BBs need smoke! :)[p]Got enough snow over there yet? How much is in SLC?
  • BGEWDE,[p]Looking good but why keep posting the same pictures over and over. Web space is expensive and you have probably used enough room on this cook that BGE should send you a bill!! Might be better to just include your new pictures as your cook progresses. Also, there are several of us on the forum on dial up and your larger pictures do take a long time to load. [p]Keep em coming but I would just like to see the newer pictures. You are sure gonna be eating fine this afternoon or evening.[p]Dave

• Pakak,
    It looks like to me in the last picture that the ribs are on the top and the butts are below them. [p]We do not have any snow on the ground in Salt Lake City, but there is a ton of snow in the mountains - where we like it. My wife works in Park City where they had so much snow that they are having to haul it out of town in big trucks. Mark

• Old Dave,
    As I stated before I am a newbie to the multiple picture posting. I am getting practice. As far as reducing the pics, I do reduce them, the originals are 1536x1024. I can promise you that the amount of web space that I use isnt costing BGE much if any. The pics are parked on my own web space.

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Mark from Utah,[p]Ok, I missed the butts. I'm guessing he's still adding the chunks for the ribs. So far as the butts tasting bitter, I'm not sure. Most of the collected wisdom seems to say you don't get any additional benefit from adding smoke later in the cook. Not sure if there's a disadvantage in this case.
  • foil.JPG
    <p />BGEWDE,
    Here are the Ribs Wrapped in foil after 2 hours on the smoke. They will be in foil for an hour then unwrapped agian for about 45 min

• Ribs%201145am.JPG
    <p />Another update the next one will be in a new post ant it will be the final update on all of the Butt and Rib cooking I have done today.
  • Old Dave,[p]The pic is being served by his charter isp, so he definitely will receive a bill... but just his normal monthly cable bill.[p]-smokeydrew