Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

*** Best of BGE Forum Photo Contest !!!Results!!! ***

WooDoggies
WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, we finally finished the scoring of over a hundred photos. And to keep it as simple as possible Nature Boy, Naked Whiz and I picked our 10 favorite photos from each category and then numbered those 10 in order of preference.
We then combined our score cards and tallied up the numbers. The photos with the highest combined scores won. [p]We chose one winner per category and an overall 'Grand Champion'.
The GC was chosen for having the highest score of all the entries in all categories.[p]Thanks to everyone who submitted and participated. The whole process was a lot of fun and we got to see a boatload of great photos. And a big thanks to Naked Whiz, Nature Boy, Dutch, LawnRanger, EggMaster and BBQ Bob Trudnak for donating the prizes.
Hopefully we can make this a yearly thang![p]Winners, please email me your shipping addresses and we'll get these prizes out, pronto like. [p]So without further ado.....[p]The winner of the Big Green Egg in any Situation category goes to:[p]HolySmokes![p]HolySmokes.jpg[p]HolySmokes wins:
~ a personalized pocket protector (something every true egger cannot live without)
~ a package of EggMaster's custom roasted coffee
~ 2 bottles of award winning rub from my private stock
~ assorted smoking woods hand picked from PA and MD
~ a BBQ Guru beer koozie
~ a BBQ Guru baseball cap
[p][p]
The winner of the Food category goes to:[p]TRex![p]TRexFood.jpg[p]
TRex wins:
~ a Dizzy Pig BBQ Company T Shirt..... color and size of your choosing.... please email me size and color choice
~ a personalized pocket protector (something every true egger cannot live without)
~ assorted smoking woods hand picked and cut from PA and MD
~ a BBQ Guru beer koozie
~ a BBQ Guru baseball cap[p]
The winner of the General category goes to:[p]BBQ Bob Trudnak![p]BBQBobTrudnak1.jpg[p]Bob wins:
~ a Dizzy Pig BBQ Company T Shirt..... color and size of your choosing.... please email me size and color
~ Dutch's very cool and very egger "Egghead" embroidered baseball cap with built in headlamp!
~ assorted smoking woods hand picked and cut from the hardwoods of PA and MD[p]
The winner of the People/Eggers/Yahoos & Goombahs category goes to:[p]Colonel Pork Butt![p]ColonelPorkButt.jpg[p]Colonel Pork Butt wins:
~ Dutch's very cool and very egger "Egghead" embroidered baseball cap with built in headlamp!
~ a package of BGE Cedar Planks for fish planking
~ assorted smoking woods hand picked and cut from the hardwoods of PA and MD
~ a BBQ Guru beer koozie
~ a BBQ Guru baseball cap
~ a rock from my garden..... don't laugh, it's a nice rock[p]Awesome Shots![p]

Comments

• WooDoggies
    HolySmokes![p]His photograph of the birdie warming himself received the highest score of all the submissions...... congratulations Dugal![p]
    HolySmokes.jpg[p]
    For receiving the highest score, Dugal wins:
    ~ a BBQ Guru Golf Club 5 in 1 BBQ Tool
    ~ a custom LawnRanger tool of your choosing
    ~ an item of your choosing from The Naked Whiz's Merchandise (I'd reccomend the thongs..... they're a big hit)
    ~ Porkarittaville's Sauce and Rub Gift Set
    ~ a BBQ Guru embroidered apron
    ~ a bottle of award winning rub from my private stock
    ~ assorted smoking woods hand picked and cut from the hardwoods of PA and MD
    ~ a BBQ Guru beer koozie
    ~ a BBQ Guru baseball cap[p]Congratulations again and thanks for that most eggcellent photograph![p]

• WooDoggies
    The contest was so close and I wanted to share the photos that made second and third....... thanks everyone![p]BGE In any situation:[p]Jiarby.
    Jiarby.jpg[p]YankeeBBQ.
    YankeeBBQ.jpg[p]
    Food:[p]Haywyre.
    Haywyre.jpg[p]MickeyT.
    MickeyT.jpg[p]General:[p]Eggvis.
    Eggvis.jpg[p]
    QBabe.
    QBabe.jpg[p]
    People/Eggers/Yahoos anf Goombahs[p]Stumpy.
    Stumpy.jpg[p]Chef Arnoldi.
    ChefArnoldiGrandaughterAva.jpg[p]All great shots....... thank you!

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    WooDoggies, eggsellent choices fellows!! That was a daunting task to say the least. Now on to round two.

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    WooDoggies,
    Great job and great idea, John! [p]Take a breather.[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    WooDoggies,[p]Great choices, now Colonel Pork Butt needs to post pic of Corey screaming. He sent me that pic and it was so much fun to watch.[p]Good job, Woo.[p]CWM
  • WooDoggies,
    That was so much fun! Thanks to everyone who judged, donated prizes, organized, etc. I love stuff like that. Great choices!

• WooDoggies, I entered a food category pic and afer looking at TRex's pic I have to agree, nothing topped that one and all the other pics were super winners as well...a great job done by all you guys and I certainly hope it's an annual thang...just add a recipe category and I'll be happy.

• WooDoggies, great "Idear" , Woo , and thanks for this great addition to the Green Room !! Fantastic photos on every count !!!

• Here are the top 5 for each category. Thought you all would like to see the results we came up with. No time to post the pictures right now, but if you are listed here and Woo did not post your photo, feel free to post it again with a short blurb on where you placed![p]General
    1) BBQ Bob T
    2) Eggvis
    3) Colonel Pork Butt (love that name
    4) TRex
    5) Haywyre[p]Food
    1) Trex
    2) Haywyre
    3) Chubby
    4) Cola Cooker
    5) Eggcellent[p]People
    1) Colonel Pork Butt
    2) Stumpy
    3) Chef Arnoldi
    4) Qbabe
    5) Mad Max[p]BGE
    1) Holy SMokes
    2) Jiarby
    3) YankeeBBQ
    4) Grill Meister
    5) TRex[p]Congrats to all!! I think everyone ended up winning. This was fun.
    Cheers!
    Chris

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    WooDoggies,[p]DOH![p]Missed it by a hare![p]StumpBaby

• WooDoggies
    Grillmeister.jpg
    <p />Goes to Grillmeister![p]For coming up with a classic composition that captures the feel of what being an egger is all about..... which is, in my opinion, having fun and not taking life too seriously.[p]Very creative, Ed! Thank you![p]John[p][p]
  • I really enjoyed seeing all the wonderful photos - even more than we would have seen if everyone had followed the Very Simple Rules. :-)[p]Thanks for doing this - terrific choices! [p]Lee
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    ThePapa.jpg
    <p />Also worthy of mentiion is this image, from Papa, which was one of our favorites.[p]Extremely creative and well done, but we just could not judge this as a photo.[p]Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • WooDoggies, Nature Boy and Naked Whiz.[p]Thank You! For both the fun contest and the honor of winning.
    GC no less. I'm seriously humbled in this great environment. [p]There were sure a bunch of great photos. You guys had a tough
    job judging out of all those.[p]It was a lot of fun to see everyones work.
    HolySmokes

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    WooDoggies,[p]Thanks so much! I am really honored - I mean, I saw a LOT of great photos. What a great contest![p]Cheers!!![p]TRex

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Thanks to all of those who so generously donated these fabulous prizes. You guys are the best. Seriously, you make this forum spectacular.[p]TRex
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    John,Chris and Doug
    You guys did a great job on picking the winners and all of the winners did a great job with the pictures.
    Larry

• WooDoggies, Nature Boy, Whiz,![p]On behalf of Corey "The 4th Bunny" we would like to thank you, thank you, thank you for the great idea and the time and effort you all put into this "brilliant" contest. It was so fun watching it unfold and seeing everyones great shots.![p]Greg.[p]Oh, just curious with so many shots, what was the final beer count to complete the judging?

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    WooDoggies,[p]Thanks for the time and effort you put in to this endever!![p]I was amiss and didn't enter any pics (before the deadline), still I see I placed in the "Food" Catagory?[p]What pic were you concidering... (inquiring minds want to know)? [p]I musta' missed something , but am damm proud to have been "in the hunt" for the prizes!!

Thanks again, and congrats to the Winners!![p]Evans[p]PS....How come you don't send me some'a your "Private Award Winning Rub"??[p]Evans

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    WooDoggies,
    I followed these photos and threads frequently, but didn't participate. You did a super job with this activity, and the winning photos are outstanding. Thanks for the entertainment.

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Just wanted to throw my 2¢ (see sigmore, I can do the cent thingy too!<g>) worth in ...[p]Yup, you guys did a good job. Glad I wasn't in on the judging!

• WooDoggies,
    Thank you folks! That was great fun! It is nice to be a part of of this group of wonderful and talented bunch![p]BBQ Bob Trudnak