Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

woosday: oysters and ice

Options
lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
61be3a7b.jpg

ca1b3e82.jpg

bd819c39.jpg

da3f4aec.jpg

ed27a4fd.jpg

5d81432d.jpg

bfec839f.jpg

miso soup for breakfast , 32° raining, just yucky here. [S.E.PA.]

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    the snow is starting now, with ice to follow.

we had some oysters sunday at the game. i am almost always disappointed by last-minute impulse-purchase supermarket oysters, but these were brimming with liquor. nice snack you had there
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    hunker down and start up the fireplace, it is just nasty.. one of the patients has a place on the Chesapeake and he brings me oysters when ever they are available . gets them from an old man at a roadside shack .. caught and delivered the same day.. 1/2 peck for $18 this time.. the plan is always to shuck a bunch, do some on the egg, some raw and post nice pictures ,, but all i seem to be able to do is stand at the counter and eat them as fast as i can shuck them.
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    bill, Lots of fun here, too. KYW said it was 55* at Wildwood, NJ. You need to head to the shore!!
    Brian
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Man those look good, bill. I love oysters.

Looks cold there. I would like to see some snow this winter, but not looking forward to freezing temps.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    bill, it seems only right that the shucker keeps the rewards and would explain why so few oysters make it to the plate. Definitely a day to spend by the fire indulging in oysters. :)

Currently in Dayton, there is a bleak, misty rain that will turn to ice than snow later today.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    33° and raining but nothing is melting here
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    snow is ok but around here they call this 'wintery mix' and it sucks ,, snow, followed by sleet> freezing rain > rain and then the order is reversed. what is on the side walk clogs the snow blower and is too heavy to lift and if you don't get it removed at the right time there is always a cold front right behind and you're left with rutted solid ice .
    BUT the 26 yr old weightlifter son is working from home today .. guess what he is doing this afternoon haha

if i wanted to mow the lawn or shovel the walk i would have had girl children
    they hate when i say that :laugh:
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Lookin' Good! If it wasn't so nasty I'd go out and get a few doz. 8 - ( Here'a pix looking out during last week's blizzard. Notice the control console of my snow removal machine on the right..

Snow2011.jpg
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Oysters,YUM,,,,ICE! YUCK!!!
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    that is the plan.. oysters for lunch, appetizer and maybe a bedtime snack B)
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    :laugh: that was good .. thanks for the laugh
  • lowercasebill
    Options
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Oysters look great,82 here today and gonna be perfect for another week.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    well good for you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    zero here saturday night :angry:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice snack! Looks pretty frigid there. Stay warm!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE