Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Screamin' deal on Thermapens

TimothyRobinson
TimothyRobinson Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all you EggHeads! Just thought you should know, there's a great deal on Thermapens going on right now...
http://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen

You have to be an email subscriber to get Free Shipping on top of it for the next 24 hours! Subscribe here for a link to the shipping code: http://www.thermoworks.com/contact_mailing_list_request_info.html#

Comments

• Thank, man! Just ordered mine and got the free shipping to boot!
  • MJF24
    MJF24 Posts: 146
    Thanks for the tip, but what am I doing wrong that I can't figure out how to get free shipping? It wants to charge me $5.99. I subscribed to the email list, but haven't received an email from them.
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Use the coupon code "FREESHIP11" to get the free shipping.

(I ordered mine in "don't lose me" yellow) :)
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • MJF24
    MJF24 Posts: 146
    It worked...thanks so much!!
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Was just going to post something on this. You really don't have to be a special subscriber. Just order through the regular link:

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/splashproof_thermapen.html

Comes out to about what I sell them for, but an advantage is you can probably get specifically the color you want and I don't always have every color around. Go for it! I need a rest!

mShark
  • Thanks for all you do for the Egghead forum, MollyShark!
  • mollyshark wrote:
    Was just going to post something on this. You really don't have to be a special subscriber. Just order through the regular link:

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/splashproof_thermapen.html

Comes out to about what I sell them for, but an advantage is you can probably get specifically the color you want and I don't always have every color around. Go for it! I need a rest!

mShark

The only advantages to being an email subscriber are 1) the free shipping this time and finding out about it next time and 2) all active email subscribers are entered in a monthly drawing to win a free Thermapen! :laugh:
  • Thanks Tim, got mine coming!
  • MO Mule
    MO Mule Posts: 81
    Thanks. I've wanted one for quite a while now. This pushed me over the edge.
  • Thanks for passing along
  • BR-549
    BR-549 Posts: 48
    Thanks Timothy for the heads up on the T-pen. Just got through ordering mine. How did Shed Farm find the Freeship11 code? I'm new to the codes, and don't really know how to find them.

I'm a Timothy also.
  • Always nice to meet a fellow Timothy. The codes go out in our emails. That's why it pays to be subscribe. The current shipping code expires tomorrow at noon but those who subscribe (see http://thermoworks.com/contact_mailing_list_request_info.html ) get an autoreply with a link to the code page. ALSO, being subscribed enters you in a monthly drawing to win a free Thermapen... (just sayin')
  • I was just thinking the thermopen was the best purchase I have made in a long time. I spend a lot on meat and this ensures I never overcook it.

I hope everyone can get one now!
  • BR-549
    BR-549 Posts: 48
    Thanks Timothy, I'm all signed in now. Boy, didn't have too much time left for this sale. Pays to read the forum

Thanks again.

Timothy
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Timothy,

That is great but I think I will continue to buy mine from Mollyshark.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Hey Timmers,

Could you imagine if every Tom, **** and Harry decided to advertise on here? :huh:

Mollyshark has taken great care of this group for quite some time now. ;) your product is pushed here like no other site I'm sure.

You got an egg? :ermm:
  • There's a link on the mail response once you subscribe...when the page appears, the coupon code is in the second section down on the page.

I got a HOT PINK one, couldn't resist!

Judy in San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Thanks! Ordered purple.
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    an egg, its on his wish list :whistle: ripnem i agree. there are rules, email out the lit and if a memeber here sees something that interests some, let them post it. is a good deal though
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    Well. I guess it means free shipping to Canada in that it charges a minimum $19 shipping and its a $20 savings... Aaargh! Why aren't I able to get one in Canada for that price? Our dollar is currently worth more than the USD and we still have to pay more up here...Plus shipping!

I want one but will probably hold off just on principal. Been cooking a long time and can still tell pretty well by feel. Just nice to be able to back it up when necessary and for things like Pibil and Pulled and Brisket and.......
  • fishlessman
    those low and slow briskets and pulled pork, its all by feel, absolutely dont need a thermapen for those. poultry and rare to med/rare steaks they come i handy. i agree about the canadian taxes, would try yo smuggle one in first :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    Ripnem wrote:
    Could you imagine if every Tom, **** and Harry decided to advertise on here?

Mollyshark has taken great care of this group for quite some time now

I certainly don't mean to be disrespectful (REALLY - no offence intended!!) but what's the difference between the 2? This entire community forum is an advert, and if you look further absolutely everyone here tells of even more third party products than ANY forum I've ever participated in. I see nothing wrong with it. Maybe double their membership costs to promote stuff here... no, wait.. it's free ;)
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Big difference Badger. Tim here is from thermoworks and is importing the item and selling it to our entire country. Mollyshark is an Egghead doing all of us a huge favor by selling the same item for pretty much the same (discounted) price. She best well make a few bucks while doing it and not run into interference from the damn importer while dealing his goods. :ermm: No? Or am I missing something?
  • I've gotten 2 from Mollyshark. She is absolutely great to work with fast shipping. Her price is ALWAYS around the best other offers out there. If you are worried about a few dollars on an $85 dollar item you shouldn't be buying it. Get a thermometer from Home Depot .

From what I hear the customer service at Thermoworks is beyond top notch which is great. We need more of this in this country.

They both are great to deal with but I support my fellow egghead.
  • Adam,
    We at ThermoWorks LOVE MollyShark. We think she is the bees knees. Please understand that I didn't come on here to advertise. I didn't say anything about Thermapens and their features or benefits. I am a frequent poster to this forum (answering questions and providing customer service to people with problems with their ThermoWorks products) and thought to give you all the advantage of our one-day sale (otherwise exclusive to those already on our mailing list) as a service. I could have pretended to be a non-employee with a tip but at ThermoWorks we like to do things more honestly than that. And, by the way, we have a beautiful Big Green Egg at work and are huge fans!!
    Tim
  • Cagey
    Cagey Posts: 86
    Just placed my order for a new Thermapen, but unfortunately Thermoworks web site tells me the free shipping code has expired. Though their web site promotes the free shipping, "ExpiresSaturday (Jan 15) at 12:00 noon MST.

http://www.thermoworks.com/emails/2011_1_thermapen_inventory_reduction.html

As I have only read how ThermoWorks stands behind their products, I am guessing that they will remove the shipping charges from my order on Monday and stand behind their advertisement. Time will tell.

Thank you for sharing the sale on the forum.

Cagey
  • We sure will!! So sorry for any glitches in the shopping cart! We'll take care of you...
    Tim
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Pink is the new version of the super fast red
  • fishlessman
    advertising here has created some really bad blood in the past. made for some nasty situations, thats why there are rules against it. thermapen is a great product but advertising directly has always been frowned upon here for good reason.
    fukahwee maine

• Order Pink with shipping. Thanks for the heads up on this.