Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Newbie'New Toy!

Options
Anthony Up North
Anthony Up North Posts: 205
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've owned my BGE for exactly ten days and have grilled on eight of those days. (Darn we were invited out to eat at friends' the other two days) Of course during the days out I got to talk about the BGE. I figured if I couldn't use it, I could talk about it. Hope I wasn't a bore! I figured since none of you would mind talking about the BGE, neither would other people. What do you all think?[p]Anyway, today I made a juicy sirloin. Used JJ's Rub & Char-Woody's eggscellent directions... Fire it up to imitate Hades, then 2-2-5. As he predicted it came out perfect. (Medium)[p]Friday was Salmon. Used the recipe that's in the BGE cook-book. Brush lime juice-butter mixture on the Salmon, let stand for 15 minutes and put on a very hot grill. The dipping sauce with sour cream and hot peppers was very good, but for pete's sake, leave out the pepper or it will overwhelm the salmon. Char-Wood warned that any recipe in that book has to be checked out first. He's right. [p]You veteran guys and gals are giving this Newbie eggscellent coaching. Thanks much... [p]Anthony Up North

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Anthony Up North, and it's guys like you that help bring on the improvements, and make the day for us old timers. We get all tickled and quishy inside with success reports. :-)[p]You betcha..the BGE is a topic I never fail to discuss. Especially if I see a metal object on their decks..heeeee. Its fun to be cruel..:-)
    C~W...And BTW..thanks for teaming me with JJ, I am delighted to be associated with one of the master Q'ers.[p]

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Anthony Up North,
    Talking about "The Egg", as my wife calls Humpty, is expected! Went out for breakfast yesterday (Sunday) and told the folks seated next to us all about Mr. Humpty. They weren't total strangers but the people sitting across from them were and they started asking questions. I may have sold at least one more Egg for my local dealer. My wife says I will have to register as a lobbiest pretty soon. Anyone that doesn't talk aboout their EGGsperiences should be scrambled and eaten!
    Carey

• Anthony Up North
    Options
    Sundown,[p]Would that be a paid lobbiest or one who does it for the love of good food?[p]Anthony Up North

• Anthony Up North
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]It's hard to believe you have the slightest semblance of cruelty if your food loving, BGE embracing heart. But I know what you mean. Such things as the BGE can even turn the mildest puddy cat into a tiger. [p]But keep posting your recipes and tips for us Newbies, because I for one copy them into my future reference. I figure why re-invent the wheel when we have you experienced guys and gals to lead the way.[p]I look forward to more of your food and mechanical wisdom.[p]Anthony Up North