Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

it aint georgah

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,767
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
quiet, peaceful,serene

005-5.jpg

006-7.jpg

driving to work

007-6.jpg

009-7.jpg

folks getting their coffees

010-6.jpg

even dad made it in, seventy years old

011-5.jpg

seem to be getting more than predicted, theres a foot out there now, was supposed to be 1 to 3 inches this morning, hope it picks up, havent gotten to use the snow shoes in years :)
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Fish,

Looks great! ;) I really need to get some snowshoes. Late season Rooster chasing can get a guy into some deep stuff.

What kinda shop you got going there?
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Great photos! I spent my first 33 years up that way and figure that was long enough. It was either face that weather again unemployed or try something new. LOL. I'm still unemployed but the warmer weather is nice. :)

Blair

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Snow snow snow. We seldom get snow but, it's been snowing here in middle Tennessee for 5 days straight. We have neighbor kids who have been out of school and playing in all the snow we have been getting. Lafayette, Tennessee has the technology to plow snow and brine and salt the roads but, I thing we are out of salt now. I don't know why they don't mix sand with the salt I think it would go much further.

We continue to cook our wonderful meals on our eggs. Last night I cut up a 4.5 pound whole chicken and baked potato's. I see chicken salad in my future. :laugh:
  • fishlessman
    Options
    we design and build metal things. mostly high pressure and high corrosive conditions. fabricating, welding, and machining facility
    http://hhengineers.com/index.htm
    fukahwee maine

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Driving in snow is easy. It's the ice that is tricky! ;).

Winter storms are different here. Most of the people in ditches are yankees who think they know how to drive in it :D.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessman
    Options
    today was the first day i went to get a jacket, all my warm stuff is still at camp :laugh: i could move north to get away from the summer heat :)
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    we mix the sand with the salt, i think towns like to budget the snow removal costs to run out during the first storm, seems thats the way every town does it, even up here
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    i dont think so :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Looks good Michael...My yard is still covered but should be gone today.

Larry
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Brrr!! You people are crazy. If I had to live there, I would never leave the house!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    hahaha! I CAN'T leave the house!! 2' at my back door (the one I use to get to my egg). Will have to go out the front, which has a roof over it, and shovel my way to the snowblower. Out by the street, the snow's up to the bottom of the mailbox!

But it beats 95 and humid for 6 months a year!! :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fishlessman
    Options
    even for a margarita in a homemade ice bucket B)

Untitled.jpg
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    love the snow, makes my yard look as good as the neighbors :laugh: :laugh: looks like we may get 20 at the shop, house is only 3 miles away and there was only half that amount
    fukahwee maine

• Carolina Q
    Options
    I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just shoveled my way thru 24" of powder to get to my garage where the snowblower lives. From there, I could see my large egg. It seems that I left the dome open last night!!!! Strangest looking thing. :laugh:

Full of mostly new lump too. Guess I'll set that aside for another day. I'll post some pics later. Now, it's back into the blizzard. :laugh: :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Essex County
    Options
    Glad to see the ragtop pickup is still looking good! It's a good day to work from home. Maybe 15 or so inches here in Andover. Good thing the plows are doing their thing. I need to do a beer run this afternoon.
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Dam Michael! :woohoo: You must have been in a hurry to get back in. :ohmy:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    neighbors were out and off to work at 8 am. we had no snow at 1am, and a foot or more by 8. still, business as usual.

the first hour i was shoveling (just to do the snow bank), the plow went by four times.

the shot of everyone at dunkin donuts is pretty funny.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Great you appreciate it, I think i'd be pretty excited if we had something like that......las time we got some decent snow here....1964
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    was gonna do a spatched game hen last night. got everything ready to go and then decided to use the fireplace mini. Open bag of lump sitting there too. Inside of the egg wasn't too bad. When I lifted the CI grid, most of the snow came out with it. Still have to let the lump dry for a bit though. :)

Do Rutland gaskets freeze up? :laugh: :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fishlessman
    Options
    think we might total out near 20, theres black ice under it making it harder to plow up here
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    beer is worth stocking up for, probably no lines today either :)
    fukahwee maine

• 2Fategghead
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i like how the weather channel gets everyone in a frenzy, even up here, happens every storm, even 3 days before the storm :laugh: i love the stuff
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    shovels and snowblowers :laugh: somehow i ended up with two camps the town plows when it gets like this, the one i live in is the last house on the road. i tell the town plow guy to just push the snow across my driveway over the hill and he does because its easier for him :laugh: my camp in maine the driveway is the last one also, the big truck drives straight down the road, down the driveway, past the garages thru the property and piles it on the river bank. both houses are the last one on a dead end ;)
    fukahwee maine

• Carolina Q
    Options
    I posted a pic in the winter cooking tips thread. :laugh: :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    georgha, like in nor'eastah?
    Oh dear...
  • fishlessman
    Options
    in the news it looked like georgah was in new england, cept for all the bad driving and crashed up vehicles :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Like I said...those were all yankees that didn't have the sense to stay home :evil:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessman
    Options
    must be those southern yankees, no true yankee lives south of boston :whistle:
    fukahwee maine