Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hey all you working stiffs - IT\'S FRIDAY!

2»

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    LOL.....it's tough to keep track of what day it actually is..
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    you are all just closer to the end of the conveyor belt.... :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    i dont know how you old timers do it, i take my one week off a year and it takes me 2 weeks to recover once i get back to work :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WessB
    and wouldn't trade it for nothin...LOL
  • YB
    When you retire Michael you take it a little slower.You don't have to cram everything into one day.I am having a hard time learning to pace myself.I only retired last week but I have been off for over a month using leave time up.

Larry
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    i dont know, right now from aril 1st to sept 30 the boat heads out at 4 each morning on saterdays and sundays. if retired i see it heading out at 4 in the morning mon,tues,wed,thu,fri :laugh: and if the fishing is good, sat,sun. i hear once you get older you sleep less, maybe i can get out earlier :)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YB
    Sounds like a fun life...We spend a lot of time on the lake also.We plan to fly to Boston rent a car and see most of New England in the near future.We spent a week on Marthas Vineyard two years ago and loved it.We might even make it Fred's Franks.

Larry
  • stike
    that's the way it should be. i'm just saying it would be foolish to assume others are jealous.

i'm happy to be old enough to not be young, and happy to be young enough to not be contemplating my old age and death. but hey, you old guys have a nice day.
    (LOL) :laugh:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    hey - you know some guys fall off that conveyer belt of yours before reaching the end so keep a good grip! :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • stike
    yep. just playing the odds. but truth be told, if i DO fall off sooner, i will have been semi-retired a lot longer than some get to be retired. that's what i mean about a little now, and a little then, rather than banking it all on years of working for someone followed by years of smug indolence. :)

my plan is my plan, and it isn't for everyone, and i don't expect anyone to be jealous. it requires living small, driving an old car, and forgoing some luxuries (even some things folks consider necessities, actually).

but no debt ('cept for a house), as much time off as i want (unless i want to eat or buy a new car), no boss, no alarm clock, fishing when i want, jamming some money in the nest and mattress for if i ever DO retire... well, feels an awful lot like retirement to me.

without the sword of damocles looming as much as it might of i were were 20 years older and richer and LOL-ing at the younger stiffs who have to work :laugh:
  • WessB
    I certainly didn't LOL at any "younger stiffs who have to work" I said it to Larry which him and I have been discussing for a couple of years..as far as "old" I'll just say I took full retirement at the age of 48 and leave it at that.
  • stike
    dunno what you did for work, but if you can be paid full retirement for as long as you worked (assuming you started at 18 and will live to at least 78), then you have a good deal most don't have. sounds like a publicly funded pension :laugh:

on the other hand, if you worked and saved and all of that is your own money made to work for you, then you should write a book.

a hearty congrats. i will probably work til i'm 78 despite saving since i was 18. rush me a copy of the book as soon as you can :laugh:
  • WessB
    LOL...there will be no book....state government and it's full retirement, not to be confused with full salary..
  • wnbasac
    wnbasac Posts: 34
    oh yea baby i left when i turned 58 and never looked back!

the bad thing is holidays are a thing of the past because everyday is a holiday

and i can't remember what day it is as if i care, ha, ha