Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O/T How did you get your name?

Shwiezzee
Shwiezzee Posts: 304
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A little fun for a Friday. Lets hear it, how did you get your name (screen names).

Last night I glanced at who was online and had a good laugh at a few.

Jay
I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    2 Fat egghead. Soon to be 3 Fat egghead. :laugh:

Hey you started this off but, you didn't tell us about you.
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    my nick name is actually The Bear... but when I was signing up for gmail, it was already taken. I was drinking a timmys large double double coffee at the time, so i gave that a shot.

I think i tried TheBear when I 1st signed up here.. but it was taken. so LDD is my fall back option
    context is important :)
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Because when I had an Irish dog, and with my name being Pat Cohen, my friends called him Cubby O'Cohen as well as calling me Patty O'Cohen which they shortened to PattyO. Not a very exciting story but it's mine and I'm sticking to it.
  • Pretty simple....name is Greg (added second g to simulate "egg"). Big Green is self-explanatory ;)

I thought it was quasi-cool!
  • Shwiezzee
    Yes, Sorry. Dam phone,

About 7 or 8 years ago I was royally stuck with my snowmobile about 20 yards up a steep pitch. It was waist deep. After digging for about 45 mins I went to take a puff of my inhaler and realized it was in a bag at the base. I yelled down for someone to try and get it to me. I had no clue at that time the gong show I had started. When I got the inhaler I was wheezing pretty bad so for the next two days I was wheezee . That was it for about six months or so until one day on our wakeboard boat my wife's friend asked why wheezee? " you don't look like George Jefferson's wife!" ( LOL) My buddy then started calling me Shwiezzee.

So now you have the rest of the story. B):)
  • Shwiezzee
    Congratulations!! You will have lots of BBQ time for the next few years!!! :P
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    I own Custom BBQ(CBBQ) in St Louis which is an on-site bbq/catering business.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I don't like my name. Thought of it off the top of my head when I signed up. Just the word "Smokey" and the first 4 of my last name (Pittman). At the time, I had not really even smoked anything so it was somewhat of a lie.

...and I didn't even spell smoky correctly :blink:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• BR-549
    BR-549 Posts: 48
    Remember back when HEE-HAW was on and Jr. Samples was advertising his car dealship. His phone # was BR-549, and thats how I got that name.
  • It's a combination of my last name, sex, and year of birth...hopefully you can figure out which is which :laugh:
  • Need to change mine but the Big Daddy part is because my wife and I were to attent a Halloween party as Beth and Dog (Beth calls him Big Daddy) from the Bounty Hunter. My wife's friends just picked up on it. The OCT is for Orange Country Tailgaters...a good buddy of mine (who recently joined this group...say hi to Hiites!) and I own a tailgate bus that we use for Oklahoma State football and other events.

http://www.gopokesgo.com/

Bruce
  • mine's not too creative.... it's ranger ray because i was a park ranger for many years.... most folks call me rev. ray cause i live in an old church.... some folks call me road kill ray for obvious reasons.....( i eat a lot of deer meat and don't have to waste money on ammo)...lol.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Real name Michael and always called Mickey.
    I really need a better story :blink:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• My life long friend Charlie has three daughters. Some 25 years ago when the oldest was maybe in the 10 year old range, they would always announce my arrival in the yard as "DAD...Mr. Potatohead is here". Really don't know how or why that came about...But it stuck.
    Mrs.. Potatoehead is just along for the ride.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    not real creative here :) I am from Maine and I love my egg :P
  • I live in the North End in Boston, and I got a Stoker when I bought my egg. I think it is amazing you can control your grill from your phone anywhere.

I bet you never would have figured it out. :laugh:
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Well, I just love boats and have had a few. This past one for 15 years. Weekend liveaboards April thru November.B)
  • Wife named me after a piece of yard art, see photo above. :unsure: :ermm:
  • Im very creative as well. Its my Yahoo screen name
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Well, I used to do a TON of volunteer work for Habitat for Humanity. As part of my "mission", I would teach the women how to properly use the power tools, so they a) wouldn't have to depend on the men to do all of the cutting, and b) it gave them a skill they could use at home. The brand of choice on-site was "DeWALT". That earned me the nickname of "Ms. DeWALT" by the supervisors. For years, I also drove a Dodge Dakota. There were many mornings when I would pull up to the construction site, only to hear someone yell out, "There's Ms. DeWALT's Dakota, time to get to work!" Thus, my screen name was born.

Of course, I no longer drive a Dakota, nor do I do much volunteering for Habitat anymore, but since I'd started using it as a universal name across boards, enough time has passed that it's hard to change things, now. B)
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Grillman Dan and his brother gave me the nickname back in the 70's
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    boston_guru would have sounded better. :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    My brother is weekend warrior; he sucked me into this strange world about a year and a half ago :laugh: - he was visiting, having delivered my first egg and providing egg 101 for a few days... I impulsively and not-so-creatively signed on as wwsis thinking I would change it at some point,, but it stuck.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Jay:

From one Jay to another...

Some people have said that I am so old that I only have a 3-digit Social Security number...but in reality it is the hull number of the first submarine I served on (USS L. Mendel River -- SSN686).

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• My mother named me Judy, my second husband named me Mayberry, and I liked it so well I decided to keep it forever.

Judy in San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • My Dad taught me to grill on a Webber as a kid and thats the only brand grill I've ever owned till Santa brought a BGE.
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    With a last name of 'Wise' I often use it to create puns for myself. When I was in high school I had a sports column called "Wise Cracks on Sports" and when my brother and I played doubles in a local tennis tournament, we had T-shirts stating "Like Wise" and "Other Wise". When I signed up for the forum I took "Wise One" because some friends were calling me that. If I had to do it over (no do-overs in handle names - too confusing) I would have taken 'YY1' and seen how many people would have deciphered it. But Larry Ward would probably have asked "Yard Why 1?????"
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    My old grill had a name but I can't remember it!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    mine's a backronym of "Sure Think I Know Everything"
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    As long as I have known you I never knew that. Very cool.